2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1276 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,141
Yep. Oem except for tegiwa m induction and 2.5" catback exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Yep. Oem except for tegiwa m induction and 2.5" catback exhaust.
Is it worth looking for a sport cat to complement it or go full wack with a cat less manifold?

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,143
I want to stay oem so will look out for a second hand cat, I should have got 218 top end plus I'm probably 5-10bhp down across the mid range at a guess. The car does pull well but it could be better when I sort the issue out. Think I'll redo the clearances too.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
My sports Cat does make the car sound nice without being loud :)

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,145
Sat in the car waiting for my missus in one of the more grimmer parts of town. Car surrounded by street kids. Great. Hurry up love :laugh2:

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,146
I've put the original airbox back on with a high flow ITG filter, so I can listen out for noises better i.e.vacuum leaks etc. I'll be checking the valve clearances this weekend just for peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Don't know if it will help but I've recently ran a 30 min datalog on the stock calibration (flashpro) with no mods so I have a baseline to go back to in the future. There are a couple of 3rd gear pulls in there too. I can send it you if you think its worth cross referencing against one of your datalogs to see if there are any differences that really jump out (vs a stock FN2).

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,148
Thanks for the offer but I still have calibrations on my laptop from my fn2 days :smile3:

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
I reckon you just like swapping intakes on the daily to be honest :lol:

Reactions: Bones126

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,150
A swap takes me about 20 minutes now with a bit of fettling :grin2:
I sometimes prefer less noise, and if I'm not making the power I don't see the point. I'm hoping valve clearances and some millers ecomax might perk thinks up, I'm waiting for my infra red thermal thingy to arrive so I can check the cat.

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,152
Here we go again :laugh2:

Some of the valves were quite loose, all in spec now.
The missus is making me a cod sarnie :smile3:

What the hell is this thing in the pic? :surprise:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
It’s the washer bottle cap mate, you sure you should be doing that technical stuff if you don’t know that lol

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,156
Just shelled out more money on the car :rolleyes:
Moving away from ad08rs and have bought a couple of ps4 for the fronts. Less than a ton each so ok.

Oh, this is "massiff" :laugh2:

Attachments

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,158
Fly home tomorrow, it's 9.05pm and still 25c here :laugh2:
Back to hunt down an exhaust option, might see about removing the resonated section.

·
Enjoying life
8,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,159
Got quoted for a custom b pipe with free flow resonator priced at £180 all in. I'll check the back box for flow but it's a strong option for me.

1141 - 1160 of 1276 Posts