2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

Premium Member
Impressive figures Steve, should be an enjoyable drive to work. How does it compare to the civics for driving?
Owned a Peugeot 406 V6 coupe a few years ago an that was only 127bhp/ton and that was fun.

Enjoying life
Discussion Starter #63
It's not as involved or hardcore as the civics but it does bring a smile to my face

Enjoying life
Discussion Starter #64
Been buying some more mods. Got a Ramair induction kit, fits really well. Bought a GFB DV+ diverter valve kit and a Superpro dog bone insert, basically a polybush for the lower gearbox mount. Helps sharpen up the gear change and mutes the fwd wheelspin. Also got an Ultra Racing strut brace coming, to stiffen the front end. The diverter valve bolts onto the turbo and will be a pain to get at, as the turbo is at the back of the engine, about two thirds of the way down 馃挬 Will give stronger boost and maintain it for longer.
Would have cracked on this weekend but the weather is going to be crap :(

Registered
Them TFSI engines are nice and offer a good level of torque and smooth delivery not as frantic as an FN2 different Beast. I had a golf GTI PP and Golf R with same engine I really like it alot.

I'm considering an Audi S3 after the FN2 but that'll be in a few years lol

Really like what you've done with it.
Just stay on top of them oil changes

Awesome GTI, VRS Northampton and two very good tuners / parts suppliers for aftermarket goods

Do you get much wheel spin with the map you have in place? I'd love a TT but couldn't because of practicality :(

Enjoying life
Discussion Starter #66
Funnily enough I just did an oil change to Millers nanodrive 5w40. Got a GFB DV+ to fit this weekend too. I do get wheelspin, but have a superpro dog bone bush and ultra racing strut brace to fit.

Registered
I had a superpro dogbone on my Skoda Fabia VRS improved gear changes and movement to no end

However being a daily I couldn't tolerate the vibrations might be different in the TT.

Have you fitted one before?

Enjoying life
Discussion Starter #68
I've purposefully bought the 60 one for the diesel (most pliable) to avoid any vibration. I've fitted the upper engine mount polybush to an fn2. I have purchased another bolt for the dog bone mount as they are stretch bolts.

Enjoying life
Discussion Starter #69
By the way, my diverter valve points down and towards the rear of the car, every other one I have seen points towards the wheel arch :unsure:. I have to ramp the car this weekend, undertray off to get at it. Perhaps I have k04? 馃榿馃

Registered
Flashy how did you find the polybush on the FN2, I have only 1 left over and deciding best place to put it to reduce engine movement but without those nasty vibes

I'm guessing that diverter value so long as it's not releasing pressure onto pipes or damaging anything wouldn't be an issue

Enjoying life
Discussion Starter #71
Upper engine mount polybushed is ok for vibrations.
I'm sticking a GFB DV on this weekend

Enjoying life
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
(y)

Stuck the GFB diverter valve on.
Old one off, revision C. 1/4 stubby ratchet with 60mm extension. Perfect.

A nosey inside the turbo

New set up with GFB DV+

Put together

In she goes

Right tool for the job
20201017_105702.jpg

Registered
Flashy good work man, at time I miss my TFSI engine, the fn2 is good in its on right not comparable. Those TFSI engines are very flexible and robust.

250bhp.... finally :)
Looks lovely flashy, not a fan of the black rings and grill on black ones but on the white it's spot on.

Noticed it didn't take you long to start tweaking it too lol
Hope you're safe and well :)

61 - 75 of 75 Posts