2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking to move out of my flat in 6 or so months time.....wooow hooo finally getting my own place!!!!

as far as i can remember ive never lived in a house, its always been a flat,
so things like having a garden, or garage isnt that important to me.... (i was told if im going for a house it must have a garden or at least a garage)

personally i would prefer to live in a flat, but with the prices rising everyday, both house and flat are getting so expensive,
ive seem a few house, all with decent size back garden and one with front parking, all seem very nice, but i just dont feel its where i want to be living the next 20+ years............ or maybe im just so use to living in a flat, my heart seem to be set on a flat...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Huge financial commitment, your house is also your home. Buy something, somewhere you like and be happy!!!

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
-I'm the opposite, living in london and can only afford a flat in the area I need to be. I would love a house but all the houses are minimum of 1700 a month for a dog (rent)

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
The thing to remember with a flat, is that, if anything goes wrong, you are all liable for the cost, ie new roof etc, with a house no noisy neighbours above or below you, but at the end of the day it is your choice, I have lived in some upmarket flats, but I would go for house, but that is me, good luck. :D

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I lived in Flats (with my parents) until I left home when I was 19 ...

Then it was Caravans, 'Digs', Farm Cottage, Terraced House(s) - all rented ...

When I first decide to buy, I went for a House, with garden and garage - and I stuck with that when I moved over here ...

I'm glad I did - it's not that I like gardening (rather the opposite !) - it's having your very own private outside space that is so nice ...

I think I have the best of both worlds, as I built a 100m2+ balcony, that runs around 2 sides of the house, and I spend my outdoor time there ...

The garden does get some work down (trimming grass \ hedges \ etc.), but I'm more of a "chemical gardener" (lots of weedkiller used every year !) ...

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
I have an apartment since 2003 and have seen increases in service charges and rates etc..most seem like i dont get much from..

Im definately eyeing for a house now..

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I have an apartment since 2003 and have seen increases in service charges and rates etc ... most seem like I don't get much from ... I'm definately eyeing for a house now..
Location and location and location ! ...

When I first came to Norway, my Company rented a flat for me near central Stavanger, and I later began 'house-hunting' ...

I quickly discovered that a relatively small apartment in \ near the centre, cost about the same as a house twice the size (with garden and parking space and perhaps a garage thrown in) just a few miles away on what are called the "town islands" - so, I bought a house on Hundvåg, which is literally a ten minute drive from the centre, and buses go back and forwards up to 8 times per hour ...

p.s. - here it is - between 2 'dead-ends', close to the sea \ pub \ filling station \ local shopping centre \ etc. - what I paid for it, would only have got me a circa. 150m2 apartment in the town itself ! ...

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-I'm the opposite, living in london and can only afford a flat in the area I need to be. I would love a house but all the houses are minimum of 1700 a month for a dog (rent)

u live in london? where about??

its a massive commitment, so im not gunna rush in to it, not like i can get a refund within 14 days lol

i know about the service charges, and maintenance cost... my parents live in an apartment and they have to pay all that...on top of the mortgage...

deep down i be happier with a apartment, but house is probably a better option

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
u live in london? where about??

its a massive commitment, so im not gunna rush in to it, not like i can get a refund within 14 days lol

i know about the service charges, and maintenance cost... my parents live in an apartment and they have to pay all that...on top of the mortgage...

deep down i be happier with a apartment, but house is probably a better option
Clapham junction/earlsfield, it's the only area that works for travelling for me and my gf.

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
you a pompey boy like me dave??

·
Registered
114 Posts
I bought a house when i was 21, i was very lucky! But i hate the responsibility that comes with it! I dont have the time to clean it, decorating properly is very expensive and as its a new house it has a warranty but the builders arent very good at sorting issues! If i could do it again, i wouldnt buy a house but a nice apartment that needs alot less maintenance!

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
My family home is pompey and that's where my car is. I am not a pompey football supporter though (I'm originally from Glasgow - Celtic fan:))
I saw a picture on here and the pub behind you car... was it in Cosham? BTW nice car :eek::eek:

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Ahaha you spy! Yes that's my gfs house next to the pub.

Do you come to portsmouth often?
all my family live there, I was born in st marys hosp and lived there till 25.. sisters live in Cosham and portchester come down every 3 months or so to see them, sister lives in Chatsworth ave cosham:p

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
A house if you ask me!
At the moment we live in the second house of my parents in law. The thought of living in a house of somebody else is what i don't like.

But next year we'll have our own house, we building it ourselved, me and my father in law. Check some pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/dries.schuddinck/bouw

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A house if you ask me!
At the moment we live in the second house of my parents in law. The thought of living in a house of somebody else is what i don't like.

But next year we'll have our own house, we building it ourselved, me and my father in law. Check some pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/dries.schuddinck/bouw
building a house in london isnt guna be cheap... bit out my budget :confused::confused::(:(

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
building a house in london isnt guna be cheap... bit out my budget :confused::confused::(:(
Oops, didn't know you wanted a house in London ^^

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
What about a house from an auction or house that needs repair, councils give a percentage towards repair costs rather than leave house derelict. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts