2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned a 2.2i-CTDi ES since January and had no problems til recently.After parking in the garage came out next morning and the car battery was completely drained,(this is the 2nd time).The battery itself is brand new (Varta),the only thing in common with both occasions is that the alarm was not activated.The alarm has been acivated on all other times and the battery has always been fine.Please help.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Owned a 2.2i-CTDi ES since January and had no problems til recently.After parking in the garage came out next morning and the car battery was completely drained,(this is the 2nd time).The battery itself is brand new (Varta),the only thing in common with both occasions is that the alarm was not activated.The alarm has been acivated on all other times and the battery has always been fine.Please help.
Did you leave any of the auto wipers/lights functions running whilst parking it away?

I left my auto lights on once and not using my car for 2 days I had a flat battery.

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
You need the MICU upgrade? Type your VIN number on honds website and it will show any recalls to your vehicle. I'd assume that you need the MICU upgraded, which will stop you getting a flat battery in your circumstances.

Reactions: garjay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked Vin on Honda website and it said there was no recall for this car.Considering buying a CTEK XS3600 to keep the battery in top nick.The car has been starting perfectly for the last month without showing any signs of trouble.(wipers were left on auto but not lights,not used for 3 days before flat)

·
The fat controller
1,041 Posts
came to my car yesterday after leaving it for 2 and 1/2 weeks. Battery flat and doors will not unlock with the button on the key. question if I open the door manually with the key will the alarm start blearing out. By the haven't had the recall done yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully sorted

Just had diagnostic and battery check at Brislington Honda in Bristol.Battery good but needed oil sensor error cleared and "short trip update required".This should stop the drain on the battery and go back to trouble free motoring.Still cost £84.60 and whilst I appreciate Hondas costs but I think that the price is quite high considering it is Hondas faults and nothing I've done.My RAC warranty doesn't cover me because they say they don't cover diagnostics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts