2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Gone out to the car this evening to find i've a flat battery (again!). Had one about 3 months ago. Which as I had only had the car 2 months I thought was plausible on an 06 car (it could have been the original for all I know). I bought a new one from Honda.

Now in 6 years of civic ownership i have never had a flat bat, however in the 6 months i have had this one I have had 2!
I am wondering if there are some well known culprits for draining the battery on a diesel! Or whether I have an electrical fault?

This is a bigger battery than my 1.8 and Type R, so leaving things in auto (wipers/lights) when the car is off I am not buying as an excuse. they never died in once in 3 years each! My type R when left for a month started first time when everything was left in auto.

i have put my vin into the honda website and it says all recalls are done. so it shouldn't be the fuse box. Anyone had similar spell of short life batteries and found out a solution?

Please help. .

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers i will have a look at it, need to get a multimeter first though then i will see if disconnecting it makes a difference.

charging the battery at home at the moment hopefully it will be alright in a few hours when i refit it and i can use the car again.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no removed it, brought it inside and charged it for a few hours with a car battery charger that plugs into the mains, refitted it and it hasn't conked out again yet, im thinking i left a door slightly open or something when i shut it which left a light on, no sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts