2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm coming to the end of my warranty on my 3rd set of brake pads AND discs, 2nd battery and countless AA call outs for flat batteries. Have had intermittent faults with the panoramic roof, alarm, loss of steering, engine oil, ABS, VSA and engine warning lights. Since having the fusebox etc replaced by dealer now get the usual dashboard lights that flash up with ignition and extinguish when the engine starts but I get a separate warning bleep and the check system warning light comes on with the ABS/VSA lights after the others have all gone out. Dealer is telling me this is normal although it only started after the battery started draining. Is this normal or does anyone know of a quick fix? Thanks

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
If you mean when the engine is running, all I can tell you is mine doesn't do this.! Just for the record I have a 1.8se

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
No lights on mine once engine is started, Sell your car.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Put in a complaint that it's not normal and have them fix it.

I think they're trying to stall since your warranty almost has run out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
'Check system' Brake Warning

I get this too if intermittantly when the car has not been started after a few days. The wierd thing is that the warning 'check system' comes on with the brake symbol, then quickly goes, i mean in less than 2 seconds. I think i will check the ABS sensors as fluid levels are fine.

Note this warning does not come on during driving. Also has come on ever since i owned the car from new, although less frequently.:worms:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts