2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've got a 06 2.2 cdti ex I had a dud battery kept hook flat if I didn't use the car everyday so got a new battery connected it but got the flashing green key as many *** hav had tried the fuel cut off switch was fine so phone Honda and got it towed out to them a day later they phone and say they've fixed the immobiliser problem it starts fine now they said its a common problem but the key doesn't work on anything else!?(worked fine before sent it to Honda) So it doesn't lock the car or unlock with the fob dunno if it manually locks with the key or not was my gf they phoned 😁 lol but they said they've never seen this before so need to talk to Honda hq and talk to the technical dept later that day they phone the gf again and say they got a list of things to try from tech dept and they've all failed! So he he's to her u might need a new key but there a bit pricey 😁😥even tho it was fine before it left. But he says they'll try other stuff before they resort to having to get a new key. Anyone else had this problem ? Or know what it could be and should I be the one to fork out for a new key ? Thanks Jamie.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,627 Posts
strange if it was working before they got it but I'm guessing the recoding they have done for the immobiliser as somehow messed up the chip in the key, you can lock it manually with the key,if you require a key then i would suggest an auto locksmith usually half of what you would pay at honda,i take it your car only has one key then?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts