2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone yet had a flat battery in there diesel civ.....?I had it jump started but the auto window winders fail to work, only in manual mode, plus since the jump start the passenger side window wont wind down when opperated from the drivers side, but ok from the pass side. Any info that may be of help would be appreceated. The cars due for a service in about 1,200 miles, so if all else fails, the dealer can sort it. thnx.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Try charging the battery - the fact things are still not working properly (assume with the engine running) there's an electrical fault which poss caused battery issue?

·
estranged
391 Posts
I had my battery changed after 2 weeks ownership. I went to my local Honda dealer, armed with a report from the AA man who attended me, and had it replaced free of charge.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
there’s something in the manual too about what to do if you get flat bat as some things might not work, and I think auto windows is one of them! Can’t check though as I don’t have the manual on me

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ive just come back from a business trip abroad and the civic had not been started for 2 full weeks. Started first time on my return and with no problems.

Have you had anything installed in the car afterwards such as stereo, alarm, ipod etc? Its a long shot but maybe something is still using the battery even after you have turned the ignition off.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Have you had anything installed in the car afterwards such as stereo, alarm, ipod etc? Its a long shot but maybe something is still using the battery even after you have turned the ignition off.
Check that the boot light is turning off when the boot lid is closed! I had a car once that wasn't and the battery went flat in no time.;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well it was my own fault that the battery died really, kipped over in the car the other night, and switched everything off, for some reason i had switched on the lights in the night while sleeping...daaaahhhh. No idea why or how, but it happened, drove around for a short while after being jump started, and the batts been fine since, just the window issues, even the clock and radio still maintained the settings..???????????? so i dont know. Thnx all....

·
Registered
341 Posts
If my car is inactive for any period of time, I use a C-Tek XS 3600 to keep the battery at its peak. This can be left on all the time without any harm - it just pulses in the charge when needed.
Popular with classic car owners who lay their cars up for the winter months - they just leave it permanently connected.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Just a thought!!

When the PDI is done to the car, the doors would likely to be open for a considerable time.

Then when you get the motor home for the first time, you play with the toys &, poof, flat battery.

Stopped thinking now.

Just 72 days to go, how exiting!!!

:p :p :p

·
Registered
341 Posts
Picked my new car up on a Monday - it had spent the previous Fri, Sat. & Sun in their valet shop - with the tailgate not fully closed and the luggage light on.
Following a 10 mile drive home I found the battery's indicator spy hole showing white and in need of a charge. Even a 10 mile drive had not fully recharged it so it must have been very very low on collection.
Out came the C-Tek. for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers fellas.......where and how much do theses c-tec jobies cost ect, seems like something i should purchase in...JUST INCASE ....AGAIN..hahahaha

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
found it page 166 in the manual, if your battery is disconnected or goes dead or either of the front windows' fuses is removed. The power window system needs to be reset after reconnecting the battery or installing the fuse, mind you it does go on to say if this doesn't work take it to the dealers

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I came to start my car today and had a flat battery!. Funny thing is I turned Auto Lights back on on Friday and Didn't use the car over the weekend?? AA on there way :(

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
The AA man told me that the Civic needs 12.3 Volts to start! My Battery was at 11.7 so it didn't even try to start!

Just Clicked. Somethime I think these modern cars are to clever for their own good!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts