2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discussion thread for the Wiki page Flat battery. Please use this thread only for discussing what should or should not appear in the Wiki article. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I shift wont go into neutral to allow starting

hi guys,please help or advise,My 2007 i shift civic 1.8 has been laid up for 4 weeks with the battery disconnected. when I reconnected it and carried out the start up procedure,the dashboard lights up like a xmas tree and I can hear a mechanical clanking sound for a few seconds but the car is not showing "N" ,so with the brake pedal down it will not even turn over. I have charged the battery up and no diiference,it just wont seem to select neutral ,any thoughts ?
Im thinking the battery is shot,and would a drop in amps stop the car running through its start up procedure ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would put money on it being the battery - modern batteries do not take well to being fully discharged and once they have been flattened, they never truly "recover".

Take a look at Eurocarparts - the have 25% of batteries and I would suggest Bosch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts