2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how widespread this problem is,,,,,,,,parked up my car on Saturday evening and did not need to use it untill this morning, went out to start it and the battery was as flat as the proverbial dap.

·
Lost again.....always!
92 Posts
Yep I had the same problem, Jump started it and it seems fine now, no problems at all
Weird isnt it?!

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Parked on an incline?

Just wondering how widespread this problem is,,,,,,,,parked up my car on Saturday evening and did not need to use it untill this morning, went out to start it and the battery was as flat as the proverbial dap.
Did you happen to be parked on an incline?? :?:

(A theory relating to my case of a flat battery...)

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not on incline and wipers and lights not on auto

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Had a problem with mine last weekend, hadn't used it for 3 days, went out at around 5pm on Sat night, tried to start it and it was dead, barely able to turn the engine over, turned everything to off, tried again, nothing. 3 hrs later, tried and succeeded - whats going on?? Been fine since.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Left mine for 3 weeks, had a flat battery when I returned. I am so glad that I didn't park the bloody thing at the airport.

I can't believe that a modern car could ever get a flat battery, my old 307 never suffered from such problems and I once left that longer than 3 weeks. The 307 is French and they are supposed to be crap at electrics, but even they can keep a charge in the battery.

Very disappointed with Honda.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Left mine for 3 weeks, had a flat battery when I returned. I am so glad that I didn't park the bloody thing at the airport

that's just what I did, 3 weeks at Manchester airport got back to the car after a 8hr flight with all bags in tow, ended up stuck outside in the cold and rain unable to put the suite cases away cause you can't open the boot when the battery's flat!!! The only good think was the AA was on site starting another car, so a quick call to Honda care and the AA man got the call. But not very happy as I'd read all about the problems and did everything that people had recommended and still got a flat battery. We go away for 3 weeks most years and I have never had a flat battery when returning in 15+ years using loads of different cars. Still love the car though. :)

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
This all seems a bit strange. I would have expected a problem like this to be in relation to a certain model or engine. This would lead to the obvious conclusion that a certain battery is to small for a given enine. But it seems to span a few different models and fuel types.

I did hear a rumour that roadside patrols (e.g. AA, RAC etc) have often commented on the battery in the CTR being suprisingly small.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
This would not explain why I did not need the AA to come out, and an hour later it started.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
i had this when i went away. there is a fix for it at your dealers

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Come on woody do tell, this smoke and mirrors approach is no good. Save me a phone call....

Sorry for going off topic, but on a seperate note just checked out the chicken site, might have to have a better look later, been thinking of getting some for a while now. You in to all things homemade? I have been curing my own hams, bacon, sausage for a while now, chickens seem like a good extension of this.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Told it could be the Boot light.bang the boot shut...??
This is a very good point. Small batteries, cold weather and a dodgy boot. Sounds like the perfect ingredients for a flat battery.

Does the car still lock if the boot isn't shut properly? I seem to remember it does. Worth keep an eye out for I think.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts