2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Chris took me to work this morning we noticed a strange clunky noise coming from the rear passenger side of the car, so Chris pulled over i got out to see if there was something stuck under the car....and to my horror noticed we had a flat tyre!!!!! So we drove to the petrol station, to put air in the tyre.... it was reading 5, so we filled it right up to 29!! Anyway its still inflated now.

.....so my question really is What do you think???

Slow punture (but it deflated really quickly)
Punture (but the air is still in now from this morning)
Possibility that someone has let the tyre down????

Jayne x

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
My thought is either a faulty valve or someone has let it down.

The valve could only release pressure when it is in a certain position, and as such may not be noticeable.

I'd be tempted to get it looked at by a decent tyre place, 5psi on a motorway = blowout time...

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Keep your eye on it and check the pressure over the next few days. There is always the possibility that it has been let down. :mad:

Dave is right, get it checked, if you've driven on it at 5psi for any distance it could have damaged the tyre.

·
Registered
103 Posts
could be a slow puncture...i recently had one due to a very tiny hole in the tyre. It took a good couple of days/50 miles to even get "soft" not as low as 5, more like about 10-15. Was like this for a while but got worse after about 10 days until i got it changed, so may well be a slow puncture.

I'd say whatever it is, the best bet would be to keep an eye on it very closley over the next few days

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers everyone! We are keeping an eye on it, when we first noticed it i would say it was as low as 5! But who knows!!! Chris did mention the tyre pump in the boot but the petrol station was only 1 minute away so we went there!

Fingers crossed its ok pls guys!! xxx

Where would you recommend Tony?? x

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Or Camskill - found them to be considerably cheaper than Blackcircles :)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
check it for a nail :(

sometimes when you get one of those, the tyre 'seals' itself round the nail, and the leak is very slow.
But if you then happen to park with the nail at the bottom, where the tyre deforms slightly, its enough to let more air out.

So you end up with a slow puncture that can then go flat overnight :(

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep flat again!! :(

Michelin tyre at hi-Q £205!!!!!!!!!!

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Jayne, you have 17s don't you?

Camskill have Michelin Pilot Sports for £130 and a variety of other tyres for circa £100. Even with delivery & fitting, it is going to be cheaper :)

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jayne, you have 17s don't you?

Camskill have Michelin Pilot Sports for £130 and a variety of other tyres for circa £100. Even with delivery & fitting, it is going to be cheaper :)

Good questions ..... Chris said they were 18's but who knows! Honda have quoted £194!! £25 if they can repair it!! So going to take it in tomorrow!!

Jayne x

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Good questions ..... Chris said they were 18's but who knows! Honda have quoted £194!! £25 if they can repair it!! So going to take it in tomorrow!!

Jayne x
Jayne if they are the original CTS wheels, which I'm sure they were when I saw your car at the meet, then they are 17".

Have you not rung around locally for a price?

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jayne if they are the original CTS wheels, which I'm sure they were when I saw your car at the meet, then they are 17".

Have you not rung around locally for a price?
Yh but i need ring again now!! Chris said he thought they were 18's so thats what ive been quoted on!!! Bloody Nora!!!!!!! haha!

Kwikfit said £250!! North Staffs wanted £280!!!!

So we can probably almost halve what i sed!! lol

Jayne x

edit: mind you i did tell Honda they were the original wheels!!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Yh but i need ring again now!! Chris said he thought they were 18's so thats what ive been quoted on!!! Bloody Nora!!!!!!! haha!

Kwikfit said £250!! North Staffs wanted £280!!!!

So we can probably almost halve what i sed!! lol

Jayne x

edit: mind you i did tell Honda they were the original wheels!!
They should be 225/45/17 tyres that are fitted. What have you been asking for?

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They should be 225/45/17 tyres that are fitted. What have you been asking for?

225/45/18!!! oops lol! But i got the 225/45 off the tyre!! but didnt have a number after it! Just looking for a torch but cant find one lol!

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
3" nail!!!!

3" inch nail in the tyre, they were able to fix it so it cost £12.84 for tyre repair, valve replacement n 'nitro air' {not a clue} in the tyre!!!

So a lot better than the expected £205 or there abouts!!! The place we went the tyre would have been £99 +vat for the exact match!!

Jayne x

1 - 20 of 25 Posts