2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Depending on how bad they are, careful use of a wire brush or even a scouring pad would remove enough for an mot. If honda can tell a friend that his brake pads needs replacing with 75% remaining then a little corrosion would get them really excited if a profit can be made. That goes for all manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Depending on how bad they are, careful use of a wire brush or even a scouring pad would remove enough for an mot. If honda can tell a friend that his brake pads needs replacing with 75% remaining then a little corrosion would get them really excited if a profit can be made. That goes for all manufacturers.
Exactly, they are definitely something to check as you do not want them to fail, but chances are they're only a bit rusty and Honda are drumming up work.
Get an MOT place to have look if your not sure.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It passed its mot at honda. It was getting an over priced service at the same time it was only on the service report that said they need changing

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
If there was no mention on the mot then a clean up would suffice. It was probably mentioned on the service . A. To get some work from you. B. To cover their backsides.
My recently purchased car has a honda service history and I was going to carry it on until I saw what they did or didn't do for the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts