2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Veedub
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My partner wants to convert to a flip key for her 2009 ES. Is there anybody on here that still does this. Thanks in advance

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Have you already bought a flip key or need one ?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
uploadfromtaptalk1381768647478.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1381768697352.jpg

Attached a few pic's of the one I did for my civic 2010 plate

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
I did it mate
Quite handy with the old soldering iron

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
View attachment 95205

View attachment 95206

Attached a few pic's of the one I did for my civic 2010 plate

What colour is your key? And what about the quality?

I ordered what I think is the exact same one, there appeared to be two versions when I looked, one that is some sort of brown metal, and another that is grey, decided to go for the grey version myself. Just waiting for it to arrive.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Mine is looks like brush black metal
The quality is brilliant I done quite a few and used different ones of the years done two now with this key
I had a CRV before the civic and I changed the key within a month of owing it
Four years later it was still working perfect, the only thing I will say is the front facial is stuck on so change your battery before you do it
Its well worth doing been dead chuffed with mine
Any probs give us a shout, I'm on here most nights looking for my next project lol

·
Veedub
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you already bought a flip key or need one ?

Hi I need the flip key and the gubbings inside replaced

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Mine is looks like brush black metal
The quality is brilliant I done quite a few and used different ones of the years done two now with this key
I had a CRV before the civic and I changed the key within a month of owing it
Four years later it was still working perfect, the only thing I will say is the front facial is stuck on so change your battery before you do it
Its well worth doing been dead chuffed with mine
Any probs give us a shout, I'm on here most nights looking for my next project lol

It wasn't my first choice of key, but it's certainly growing on me. Hopefully it will be as good in the flesh as you say. My main reason for choosing it was the buttons. Somehow the previous owner managed to rub the print off the original key buttons in less than three years...

When you say the front is stuck on, I'm not sure what you mean? It seems from the pictures you can slide the rear cover off, then change the battery if you need to?

I'm hoping it will go okay, I'm no stranger to soldering but removing components always seems to be tricky. Hoping a 30w soldering iron will be okay as that is all I have.

Did you have any problems getting it cut? I think the only place around here is a Timpson.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Mmmmm
The one I have unscrew's from the buttons side to get the transponder into it, then to cover the screws and to give the illusion that the key has no fixings the metal front around the buttons is stuck to the key using the supplied adhesive 3M material
As for cutting I stubbled on a place up the road turns out he cuts key for all the big garages in this area using a laser cutter, the keys he city's are perfect and he only charges a tenner, I got charged that at timpsons and he made a right pigs ear of it the first time I had one cut, I had to file a load off myself to get it to work.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
I can get the key cut for you and move the transponder if you want
I've got a key you could buy off me if you like the look of it, there is nothing wrong with it, its brand new.
As the story goes the one I'm selling I bought first but is different to the one I had before as I fancied a change having just bought a new car and all that, but after four weeks I gave up waiting and bought another one from the same guy I used before and from Hong Kong it arrived in four day not four weeks.
Then blow me the one I bought first turned up only took six weeks lol

·
Veedub
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can get the key cut for you and move the transponder if you want
I've got a key you could buy off me if you like the look of it, there is nothing wrong with it, its brand new.
As the story goes the one I'm selling I bought first but is different to the one I had before as I fancied a change having just bought a new car and all that, but after four weeks I gave up waiting and bought another one from the same guy I used before and from Hong Kong it arrived in four day not four weeks.
Then blow me the one I bought first turned up only took six weeks lol

Give me a cost or pm me please

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Mmmmm
The one I have unscrew's from the buttons side to get the transponder into it, then to cover the screws and to give the illusion that the key has no fixings the metal front around the buttons is stuck to the key using the supplied adhesive 3M material
As for cutting I stubbled on a place up the road turns out he cuts key for all the big garages in this area using a laser cutter, the keys he city's are perfect and he only charges a tenner, I got charged that at timpsons and he made a right pigs ear of it the first time I had one cut, I had to file a load off myself to get it to work.

Ah okay, that makes sense looking again. I think the one I've ordered will be the same. Thanks for the heads up on the battery.

View attachment 95207 View attachment 95208

I was looking at that one too, not sure why I didn't go for it now, but still think the one I did buy is growing on me more.

As for the original topic - sorry for taking over a bit! I'm sure wardy2602 will be able to provide you with what you need :D

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Who did the transponder transplant for you Wardy? Need to get mine done. My soldering iron to higher wattage to do this... :(
Hi Gaz

Ive checked and the key cutters is open till 5pm on a saturday
dont rush coming over as i will have the kids in the morn mate as my lady is avin her hair done lol

she should be done by 11ish fella;)

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
And me please Wardy
Have you got a key that needs cutting and transponder modding or did you want me to supply one
As im new to all this i have no stock so would have to wait till i can get ya one in
Let me know your thoughts;)

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I'd be very interested in this too good sir!

I'd need a fob, a key cut and the gubbins inside. let me know what you need from me and how much.

Thanks man!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have you got a key that needs cutting and transponder modding or did you want me to supply one
As im new to all this i have no stock so would have to wait till i can get ya one in
Let me know your thoughts;)
I've got a spare key and a flipkey shell, all ready to go

1 - 20 of 165 Posts