2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
everyday i get older
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried or though of trying the new honda Jazz flip key to make one for the civic?

this one:
IMG_0476.JPG IMG_0478.JPG IMG_0477.JPG

·
shameless
537 Posts
yes every time i drive my grandads jazz hybrid :(

·
shameless
537 Posts
tis the same as the crz key and we all know that will fit a civic;)

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I like and I want!
The civic key is huge! (the metal bit) compared with my old pug key that was tiny...

I think I saw somewhere todo this you need to re solder something in the key fob, like a sensor (I think)

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
I like and I want!
The civic key is huge! (the metal bit) compared with my old pug key that was tiny...

I think I saw somewhere todo this you need to re solder something in the key fob, like a sensor (I think)
Here was the 'how to do'

Flip key - Civinfo Wiki

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
I am not sure if it would because the buttons are in a slightly different place?

I bought one of the ones off eBay a while ago but wasn't impressed BUT I have just ordered another one that looks more like the Jazz one for £14.50 delivered from some guy whos email address was on here . . . possibly dodgy but its only £14.50 if it is lol.

Anyway here is a picture of the one I ordered.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/attach...0439d1210589036-wants-flip-key-photo-0037.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Still cant believe that Honda gave the Civic an old style standard key, especially considering most other manufacturers were using flip keys way back in 2006. :rolleyes:
Yes it may be just a little thing....but there is a strong feeling among owners on this subject.
All these little things can add up to make a huge difference. ;)

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
I am not sure if it would because the buttons are in a slightly different place?

I bought one of the ones off eBay a while ago but wasn't impressed BUT I have just ordered another one that looks more like the Jazz one for £14.50 delivered from some guy whos email address was on here . . . possibly dodgy but its only £14.50 if it is lol.

Anyway here is a picture of the one I ordered.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/attach...0439d1210589036-wants-flip-key-photo-0037.jpg
where did you manage to buy the jazz one in the end I'm also looking for one like that? :)

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
I didn't receive the one that I thought I was going to but this one seems as good.

Going by a quick search the one I have looks like this one (obviously the silver buttons go where the holes are) there is a "Honda" logo at the bottom and a small metal hoop to put a keyring through once assembled.

Honda 2 Button Flip Key Case New Style Hot Item !!!! | eBay UK

Still seems a lot more solid than the one I bought before!

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
I have one like exactly like that with the silver buttons but have had difficulty as the silver buttons are of an equal diameter each; the honda one has one button smaller that the other. It makes the conversion more tricky than just swapping the remote circuit from one to another unfortunately.

·
Likes this
407 Posts
Ive got an uncut one like the one in the picture. Was sent from pillar to post to get it cut but no luck! Oh well

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Ive got an uncut one like the one in the picture. Was sent from pillar to post to get it cut but no luck! Oh well
Which picture? the one from the OP, the one I posted first or the latest one?

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
I have one like exactly like that with the silver buttons but have had difficulty as the silver buttons are of an equal diameter each; the honda one has one button smaller that the other. It makes the conversion more tricky than just swapping the remote circuit from one to another unfortunately.
Oh, I did look at that but presumed it would be easy enough to do :(

How did you get it to work in the end?

I will be sending mine to who ever does it on here after I get back from Greece in a couple of weeks, would be handy if I could tell them :)

·
Likes this
407 Posts
Which picture? the one from the OP, the one I posted first or the latest one?
Sorry mate, didnt realise you'd asked me a question. Mines the one that you posted too..feels good quality, and cheap! :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I've got the same. Modding isn't the problem, it's getting the damn thing cut! Timpsons told me it's company policy not to touch them but pointed me in the direction of a shop that will. How many people have had any luck? The key cutting hread is looking a bit old now

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
I got my old one cut locally so I'm gonna take the metal key part from the old case and replace the one in the new case, hopefully should be a fit, looks to be anyway.

Reactions: Joshim
1 - 20 of 53 Posts