2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
><((('> o O
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've noticed that Honda seem to have an allergy to flip keys, and from the recent survey, it seems a lot of us would like one!

It's usually quite easy to do. Going back to my VW days, all you need to do is get a flip key, a new civic key cut and change round electronics.

Has anyone tried making their own yet?
I could post a thread about making one for VW's if anyone's interested?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Better idea all together I reckon is no key at all.

Just a sensor in the Space Ship to link up to a device in your pocket to know that it's you.

Just that big red button to press then!

"There is really no such thing as a bi-sexual.
It'll be just someone trying to be greedy!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a Megane 2 too. Until bits dropped off and electrics failed and the rear tyres wore out and it filled with water and.....and....!!!!!!;)
I've had a Megane 2 for 4 years.... glad to hear i'm not the only one with an unlimited list of problems! Also had the hands free start etc, didnt make up for the fact that the car was rubbish though.

Roll on the Civic...

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Personally I reckon that voice pattern recognition would be the ultimate solution. I have seen systems that get pretty accurately recognise different speakers (this was a few years ago too). No keys all then, and it would be pretty cool to walk up to your car and ask it to unlock.

However:
Good morning Hal
Good morning Skippy...
Open the fuel cap
I'm sorry I can't do that, Skippy...

·
Resident Medic!
191 Posts
Personally I reckon that voice pattern recognition would be the ultimate solution. I have seen systems that get pretty accurately recognise different speakers (this was a few years ago too). No keys all then, and it would be pretty cool to walk up to your car and ask it to unlock.

However:
Good morning Hal
Good morning Skippy...
Open the fuel cap
what happens the first time you get laryngitis and loose your voice?

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
I've had a Megane 2 for 4 years.... glad to hear i'm not the only one with an unlimited list of problems! Also had the hands free start etc, didnt make up for the fact that the car was rubbish though.

Roll on the Civic...
To be honest nothing actually broke in the year I had it and other than a service it never needed to see a dealer. It was just full of really crap cheap plastic. Not a nice place to sit in.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
The latest Lexus IS range has keyless entry and they have had problems with it.

Very prone to nearby interference.

It looks flash to approach your car and it unlocks but I still prefer pressing a button.

Users have stated that when they lock the car, how do they know it hasn't just unlocked because they are still within range.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
The latest Lexus IS range has keyless entry and they have had problems with it.

Very prone to nearby interference.

It looks flash to approach your car and it unlocks but I still prefer pressing a button.

Users have stated that when they lock the car, how do they know it hasn't just unlocked because they are still within range.
I had an LS430 with keyless entry and start. Never ever had any problems. Great system. I loved it. I think it automatically locked the car/switched off the ignition when you were a set distance away so that if you were dragged from the car by a 'mugger' it would stall within a 100m or so.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
what happens the first time you get laryngitis and loose your voice?
Revert to the key, like you do when the battery fails currently. [smilie=cheeky-grin: Given the speed that car manufacturers develop their electronics, expect it on a Mercedes about 2030.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
there is no key for the new cooper s

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
yer press a button on the handle be good. even a toyota yaris got keyless enrty and start, ill be happy with flip key because ive heard lots of reualt owners morning about it beeing less than prefect after a few years and costing into the thosands to fix.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts

However:
Good morning Hal
Good morning Skippy...
Open the fuel cap

It would have to better than the HFT. Although it works ok with the windows closed & aircon off, it is a pig if there is any other source of noise.

I can just imagine it:

Unlock
Unlock
Unlock
Unlock the f***ing door

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
;) yer be very funny , you would be prisoner in your own car :)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
It would have to better than the HFT. Although it works ok with the windows closed & aircon off, it is a pig if there is any other source of noise.

I can just imagine it:

Unlock
Unlock
Unlock
Unlock the f***ing door
:lol:!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts