2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just bought a 2005 Honda Civic 1.6i Executive but it didn't come with any floor mats. Does anyone know if they are still available from Honda dealers? From what I can tell from looking at various websites there are genuine carpet ones but are there rubber versions also? I had carpet ones in my previous Honda and I found them to wear down quickly.

Many thanks for your help.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi,

I've just bought a 2005 Honda Civic 1.6i Executive but it didn't come with any floor mats. Does anyone know if they are still available from Honda dealers? From what I can tell from looking at various websites there are genuine carpet ones but are there rubber versions also? I had carpet ones in my previous Honda and I found them to wear down quickly.

Many thanks for your help.
My Civic was new last February and the dealer fitted Honda carpet mats. However, as you found, they wear quickly. Indeed the dirver's one has almost worn through in the clutch heel position.

I went to see the dealer last week and he photographed it and said he would be back in touch. I pointed out that the Jazz (which I part exchanged for the Civic) had mats that lasted 6 years/60,000 miles and wearing through in 8 months/7000 miles was not acceptable. Watch this space!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Follow up: my dealer replaced the full set of mats today under warranty (8000 miles, 8 months). The new ones are visually identical and the service guy could not comment on whether they will last any longer.

What's missing is a rubber insert where the driver's heel rests. I will be looking to modify the mat myself when I find some appropriate self adhesive rubber (suggestions gratefully accepted).

Anyway, full marks to Speedwell Honda of Paignton who did not quibble and were very helpful and efficient.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts