2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One question occurred to my mind today, if the 9th gen has basically the same suspension as the 8th gen but with fluid filled bushes then why aren't Honda retrofitting them to cars with suspension problems or at least offering them as a retro fit for the 8th gen for owners prepared to pay for an upgrade.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
One question occurred to my mind today, if the 9th gen has basically the same suspension as the 8th gen but with fluid filled bushes then why aren't Honda retrofitting them to cars with suspension problems or at least offering them as a retro fit for the 8th gen for owners prepared to pay for an upgrade.
Ignore the "Rude Boys" ! ...

This came up a while back - in fact, I even asked [NH Dan] to check it out, although at the time he had no information ...

But, it's still a very valid question, and I for one, would be interested in this ...

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
I would assume it's not only the bushes you would have to change to make them work. AFAIK the whole torsion rear beam is brand new, I would assume a whole load of other parts are new to accommodate the new bushes and the way they work.

·
9,228 Posts
I would assume it's not only the bushes you would have to change to make them work. AFAIK the whole torsion rear beam is brand new, I would assume a whole load of other parts are new to accommodate the new bushes and the way they work.
I actually asked the question in 2 parts - Bushes alone, or whole TB arrangement - must drop Dan a reminder (in the 9G Section) ...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

As others have said it probably isn't quite as simple as that. The whole thing will have probably been redesigned around the new body.

A retro fit option is probably unlikely given the amount of takers there would be and given that they want you to buy a new car to get improvements rather than tinker with the old one.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Ignore the "Rude Boys" ! ...

This came up a while back - in fact, I even asked [NH Dan] to check it out, although at the time he had no information ...

But, it's still a very valid question, and I for one, would be interested in this ...
If someone's prepared to pay for coilovers they may pay to actually improve ride quality. I'm in.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,585 Posts
I also reckon the mounting positions are completely different. The 9G is wider and possibly the new setup just won't fit.

Also remember the cost of buying 'parts' from Honda. it would likely be cheaper to buy the whole car :popcorn2:

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Filling bushes with fluid, mounting positions, this thread is just one big innuendo.

I approve!

·
9,228 Posts
I also reckon the mounting positions are completely different. The 9G is wider and possibly the new setup just won't fit. Also remember the cost of buying 'parts' from Honda. it would likely be cheaper to buy the whole car :popcorn2:
HEY ! - to quote from "Kelly's Heroes" - 'always with the negative waves !!!' ...

Filling bushes with fluid, mounting positions, this thread is just one big innuendo. I approve!
We are - so as to speak - the masters of the "single entendre" :p ...

I just boggle at the deeper meaning of [Coste1l] and porridge combined :facepalm: ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.