2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So parked car on a hill for about 20 mins and noticed a small amount of fluid directly under engine bay.

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was thinking that seems to have no texture or smell. Was thinking most other fluid would trigger a light ?

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Try the :civinfo: wiki, specifically "Frequently Asked Questions" section...

"Puddle of water under the car

This comes up all the time! The aircon has 2 functions - to cool the air and to remove the water. The water removal is why you should leave the aircon on in the winter, to stop the inside of the windows from misting up.
The water that is removed from the air is discharged through a little pipe to the underside of the car. Sometimes when you park the car, a small puddle of water is left from this tube on the ground, and is quite normal."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try the :civinfo: wiki, specifically "Frequently Asked Questions" section...

"Puddle of water under the car

This comes up all the time! The aircon has 2 functions - to cool the air and to remove the water. The water removal is why you should leave the aircon on in the winter, to stop the inside of the windows from misting up.
The water that is removed from the air is discharged through a little pipe to the underside of the car. Sometimes when you park the car, a small puddle of water is left from this tube on the ground, and is quite normal."
When you say "sometimes" ...if I have a puddle like this everytime I park the car should I be worried?

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,413 Posts
No

Even in Winter when you wouldn't expect any outer condensation to drip down, it does.

If you can, put a tray under it to catch some and you should find it's just clear water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts