2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, seen a few posts about this issue but I can't pin down what's wrong.

This week the FM signal is getting interference from the heater controls. Seemed to just start happening out the blue.
If I hit Auto, front blowers or the rear screen / mirrors button I get static. Turn it off and radio instantly goes back to normal.
I read about the rear screen elements being damaged and may cause the interference but I've had a good close look at them and they all appear intact and can't find any breaks.

What else could be causing the problem bearing in mind the interference is only activated by any of the blower controls being turned on.

Thanks for any advice ?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also saw something about an earthing issue. Odd this has come on all of a sudden, nothing has changed lately, Barring new pads and a top mount being done but don't see why that would affect the radio...

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's my point. It has never been an issue before. Had the car years now and this is the first it's ever played up.
The heater shouldn't be interfering at all but trying to trace what's causing it.
The rear element in the screen looks all intact, cant locate any breaks which is often what causes it when the rear screen turns on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts