2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

my FM radio keeps fading out and coming back in for about 0.5 seconds at a time every few mins and its beginning to do my head in!

Its almost as if the unit is searching for the frequency to confirm its tuned correctly or something. I've tried turning on and off some of the audio settings but can't seem to sort it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

While I'm on the subject of the radio, I think the answer to this is no but is it possible to customise your traffic announcements to only come through from certain radio stations? Being in Essex I have no interest in BBC Kent and BBC London traffic!

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
RDS radios all do this - particularly if there is a choice of more than one transmitter for the station you are listening to. The radio keeps changing between frequencies as the signal strength varies. I suspect that having the traffic announcement switched on does it as well. Don't think there is any solution to it, unfortunately! It's just the radio doing what it's designed to do.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
No, I think you're stuck with it unless someone else knows something I don't!
You could always listen to AM!!
Anybody else got any ideas?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Its SO annoying and my previous RDS radio never did this!
I dont quite remember if our car has it, but see if it has a button to disable af ( auto frequency ) and see if that improves it!

EDIT: I think its the A.Sel button at least on 06-08 cars, don't know if it has the same label on more recent models!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
There was a problem with AF on early cars which was fixed with a firmware update. Don't hold your breath though, in some areas the radio reception is not good.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, the a.sel just seems to cycle through the frequency range without stopping. Is this right?

How do I check my firmware version?

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks very much. so mine starts with a 3 so it seems im out of date... I have searched the FAQ for the answer on how to actually update it though and I can't find anything... is it a paid thing like the sat nav?

i need to check my sav nav too thinking about it as I think thats out of date by an age judging by my recent trip to cornwall

1 - 10 of 10 Posts