2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a new FM transmitter to plug my IPod Touch into.
The transmitter works absolutely fine, but I have a problem with the Honda Radio!
It has an automatic tuner feature so that whenever you tune to a blank FM wave after 30 secs or so it retunes it to another radio station that isn't blank. Arggghhhhh!! :mad:
I've trawled through the manual and can't seem to find a way of turning the feature off.
Does anyone have any idea how to stop it from doing this?

Attachments

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
when you find a blank station, can you not add it as a preset? this may stop it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good luck with that, what about finding a station further away, tune in to this station, and store it - then drive away from that station, then you may be able to use that frequency for your Ipod Fm Transmitter - I'm lucky enough to have USB , I create mixes using High quality MP3, and don't bother with the Iphone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the messages. I've tried storing the frequency on a preset channel, but it still tries to navigate to a stronger signal. I'm at a loose end!
How is it that other people manage to use their transmitters?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I picked up a transmitter today a belkin tunecast (even displays track names on the RDS display) anyway you need to preset the FM transmitter first then play some audio throught it. Then use the honda stereo to scan for that station it should then stop on the channel and just save it as a preset.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You need to fire up the Transmitter first, then the Radio should find the frequency like a normal FM station say 87.7 - this worked in my old Peugot 306, plus use a memory stick in the MP3 Players that plug in the Cigar lighter - even the Socket in the Boot of the Civic (you won't even see it)

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Is Auto Select turned on? The A Sel button is the second from the left under the CD slot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys!
I'm digging this up, because i bought a bluetooth FM transmitter, and the stereo insists on tuning other radio stations...

Any of the solutions posted worked?
Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts