2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I recently returned from a week holiday to Egypt (thankful to be back ):cool:
And the alarm on my fn2 doesn't appear to be working correctly. I've had the car from new so not had any problems previously.

My neighbour told me that the alarm was going of lots of times for what appears to be no reason.

Now I can open and close using the fob, but the alarm doesn't seem to be arming as the light on the dashboard isn't flashing and the indicators don't flash when setting and unsetting the alarm.

Any advice what I can try guys? It works on the odd occasion which is strange .
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
A guess only, a failing car battery, temp changes of late could of killed it/caused it to drop out?

In warmer hours it would be fine again. Purely a stab in the dark!

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Remove the bonnet catch and inspect the microswitch is connecting properly,probably needs a clean and maybe a bend back into shape. Easy to do. Had the same issue with the indicators not flashing when I locked the door, indicating the alarm wasn't arming correctly. It's a pretty common problem and there are various posts come up via google.

Reactions: sniffer

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies . I've had some help on another thread. I've sprayed the catch with wd40- did work temporary but alarm is going off for no reason which I believe/hope is down to the bonnet catch/sensor.
Is it simple to check the bonnet switch/micro switch ? What do I need to take apart to get to it? I understand it's under the bonnet latch somewhere .
I'm not that good with things like this but need to learn.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A guess only, a failing car battery, temp changes of late could of killed it/caused it to drop out?

In warmer hours it would be fine again. Purely a stab in the dark!
I think the battery is ok as I only bought it earlier this year . Well I hope it's ok anyway

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts