2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Has anyone done the air box mod when using a k&n panel filter ? I believe you just dremmel all the inside of the air box out ? (The fins ) and this to allow more airflow / induction noise ?

Can't afford a nice induction kit at the minute ? Would I gain any noise through doing this mod ? And would the air flow meter re adjust itself ?

Thanks in advance !

·
Enjoying life
8,531 Posts
A little more noise. Make sure you don't cut the fins in the tube that houses the maf sensor!

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
There aren't many fins in the box, I can't imagine you would notice much.

·
Fox Main
66 Posts
I did it because that's how Mugen and Tegiwa do their airbox part of the mod; though theirs are carbon.

Then I've taken the resonator out and lead a cold air feed from the front grille to where the tegiwa scoop connects to the intake.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I did it because that's how Mugen and Tegiwa do their airbox part of the mod; though theirs are carbon.

Then I've taken the resonator out and lead a cold air feed from the front grille to where the tegiwa scoop connects to the intake.
The resonator and associated oem intake feed is poor. Changing this to a better scoop and a better airbox is supposed to be good.

It's still a boxed system, so assume the intake sound is only a little different?

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I did similar to keep noise down and replicate mugen system althougg mugen box is about 20% bigger i beleive.

Box was smoothed and new kn filter. Resonator removed and ordered new tegiwa mugen rep scoop that attaches to box. Then fitted fog scoop and had car mapped to see best result.

·
Fox Main
66 Posts
The resonator and associated oem intake feed is poor. Changing this to a better scoop and a better airbox is supposed to be good.

It's still a boxed system, so assume the intake sound is only a little different?
Intake sound does differ once the resonator is removed, definitely deeper intake noise.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I found on my old fn2 once the resonator box box was removed, you lost the throaty vtec sound. The resonator is tuned to increase that sound. Smoothing the oem box was okay though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mugen is real carbon with aluminum funnel and +30% inside volume = better flow and low temp.
Tegiwa is plastic carbon look with rough iron inlet.

However, BMC panel filter breathes better than K&N, I have seen it on datalog on a few test.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Is the FN2 tegiwa box really fake carbon?

I had an EP3 tegiwa box and it was real carbon (at least I thought so).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts