2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I trust you're all well

I disconnected the car batter for 2 hours 3 weeks ago and since my car alarm has been going off intermittently ever since. The weirdest thing is that even my key fob doesn't work for the first 30 odd clicks initially, but when it finally does work then it works consistently for a few hours. But the following day same problem.

I have gone through and searched everything on the forum but not quite came across the same fault? I've tried removing the battery and tried the car in ignition 2 clicks method but nothing.

Could it just be I need to reprogram my key? It's the most bizzar fault and perhaps easily the most annoying when the car alarm goes off at silly o'clock

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi guys,

I trust you're all well

I disconnected the car batter for 2 hours 3 weeks ago and since my car alarm has been going off intermittently ever since. The weirdest thing is that even my key fob doesn't work for the first 30 odd clicks initially, but when it finally does work then it works consistently for a few hours. But the following day same problem.

I have gone through and searched everything on the forum but not quite came across the same fault? I've tried removing the battery and tried the car in ignition 2 clicks method but nothing.

Could it just be I need to reprogram my key? It's the most bizzar fault and perhaps easily the most annoying when the car alarm goes off at silly o'clock

Any help would be greatly appreciated

p.s. I know I could try disconnecting the bonnet sensor but that wouldn't explain the intermittent key fob? When it finally does work and unlocks the car I'm able to lock and unlock the car immediately after for 6+ metres away...and it can stay this way for hours. But give it an entire evening for example then again it will take 30 odd clicks to unlock it before its back functioning properly.

Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've given that a go thank you for sharing the. So far it seems ok...hoping it lasts this time as I've gone a few days before problem free only for the issue to reamurge

Thank you once again...and fingers crossed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts