2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
i've well and truly been bitten by the track day bug and intend to do as many as possible with my FN2, however it needs to be sensible for daily use still.
what modifications would people reccomend (from a handling point of view mainly)?. i already have brembo road pads and grooved / dimpled discs on the front but may get some DS2500 pads before long, even though i've not had any fade as yet with my current set-up.. goes without saying that braided hoses and better fluid will be done soon.
handling wise, im keen on eibach springs and an FRSU, but would i be better with coilovers for the track use, if they aren't too harsh for road use?..

any advice appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
LSD times ten! and stiffer springs. Perhaps polybushes but the car is already hard on the road, polys will make it harder.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
an LSD is something i really want :D
to be honest, its not too often that i find too harsh as it is, more 'informative' than rock hard lol
will look at the bilstiens too..

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
lsd
coilovers with adjustable damping so you can stiffen up for track and soften for daily use

that'll do you really, youve got the brakes sorted already. obviously you could go all out and have a second set of wheels with semi slicks, baffled sump, polybush kit ect. depends what you want to spend :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
First mod would be LSD it's a must, then coilovers and frs. Add wheels spacers for wider track if your on the oem alloys. With a setup like this you should keep up with the bigger power stuff. Next would stoptech's bbk. Tyres, speak to dezi he will let you into a little secret about some good rubber

·
Banned
2,328 Posts
You need to remember its not about having a "weapon" on track it's just about having some fun.

Friend of mine is a track maniac and he said all you need to have a good time in an FN2 is some better break pads that can handle some heat (EBC yellows as a cheap option) and to just get your car on track and have fun.

When you go to track days no one has the same car so you dont need to start spending thousands on upgrades to have fun... as long as you enjoy yourself you'll be fine.

However IF you want to make your car safer for yourself on track i'd recommend 1) breaks 2) suspension / FRS ... power is actually the last thing you need to make your track time fun :)

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
First mod would be LSD it's a must, then coilovers and frs. Add wheels spacers for wider track if your on the oem alloys. With a setup like this you should keep up with the bigger power stuff. Next would stoptech's bbk. Tyres, speak to dezi he will let you into a little secret about some good rubber

I'm not sure about using spacers. I was told your not allowed to use them at some circuits in the UK and when I did Spa and had 5mm Spacers all round I was worried my studs would snap off!

I'd agree with everyone else, LSD at some point, but dont think its a must as I dont think the FN2 suffers with traction issues (not enough power or torque) I'd go for a good FRS and some really good brake pads - something like Project Mu's then I'd say tyres - something like Toyo R888's will make a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Last trackday I did I found the car to suffer on the traction and suspension so I bought a quaife LSD and the b14 Bilstein coilovers. They are the best modifications I have done you can really push the car to the limit now.

LSD
Bilstein coilovers (frs)
Baffled sump plates

That's what I would look to spend your money on :)

Check the link below for more info

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated :)
apart from 'small' things like exhaust and induction kit, it's unlikely i'll do much to the engine, more interested in braking and handling at the mo ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts