2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What batteries are peeps fitting to type R's these days as it looks like my original is on its last legs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Yuasa is the 1 you want, they're the company who Honda now use, Cox Honda did stock them but now says SOLD OUT, god knows what's going on with them but it's not looking good

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Yeah higher cold crankage the yuasa is 400A the Bosch is 300, just means a stronger start on cold mornings.
I'm not sure now but with the yuasa I had fitted you have to remove the plastic battery guard so the clamps sit tight

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds a lot better then.

Thanks dweezle should have the old girl up and running again soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dweezle. Which would you recommend the ybx5053 or the ybx3053.

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
The one in marks link is the one that's popping up in the search, was over 2yrs since I had mine

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Yeah higher cold crankage the yuasa is 400A the Bosch is 300, just means a stronger start on cold mornings.
I'm not sure now but with the yuasa I had fitted you have to remove the plastic battery guard so the clamps sit tight
That may be why my positive terminal won't clamp tight around the battery post, even thought the clamp is fully closed all the way!

Sent from my HTC One_** using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
That may be why my positive terminal won't clamp tight around the battery post, even thought the clamp is fully closed all the way!

I've just replaced my battery on my CTR with the Bosch one linked above and had the same problem. The +ve terminal wouldn't clamp properly. I cut an old junior hack saw blade to small pieces and put a piece down the side of the terminal to clamp it! Battery cover in place, clamp tight, happy
days!

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
You can buy terminal spacers/packers that simply slide over, terminals for jap cars are now narrower apparently

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I thought the same about the +ve the first time I changed a battery on an FN2.

Turned out the clamp wasn't going onto the terminal enough to allow me to tighten it. I'd loosened it enough to get it off the old battery but I had to loosen it more to get it down to the bottom of the terminal. I could tighten it up properly then.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
I'm fitting the Yuasa battery tomorrow, hopefully once the snow lets up.

Will the existing plastic battery cover and clamp fit without any bother?

·
Enjoying life
8,598 Posts
Mine is in the shed because the terminals are the other way around on the bosch I bought. Not sure about the yuasa

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I fitted the yuasa in december. I managed to fit and leave the plastic cover on. I had to push down on the clamp whilst tightening but was all ok and has been for the the 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts