2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm having a few issues with my battery at the moment . It went flat a few weeks ago when I was sorting out a wiper issue I had . Green flag came out and started and assumed the battery was fine.
With the cold snap we have now it's struggling to start.
Now I have a trickle charger that I've never used . Can I just disconnect the terminals and charge over night in place? Or should I remove ? I don't have a garage so I'm worried if the bonnet is open it won't be alamed/locked .
In the worst case scenario and I have to get a new battery what can you reccomend and likely costs ?
Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
IMO, just get a new battery, job done.

I just bought a Bosch S4 for £50 for mine. Meant to be good batteries plus has 4 year guarantee.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably will mate. What model number of the s4 is correct for fn2?
Can't see then as cheap as £50 either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Hi its advisable to disconnect pos connection on battery before charging, you will loose say nav but it will log back on once battery is reconnected. Trickle charge should not harm the car, A new battery ref A402S from euro parts will cost around £40 delivered. To check the battery you need a multi meter, With all off no load current should be 250 milliamps after about 15 minutes NLC wil lfall to 20 milliamps a sound battery will tolerate this for 7/10 days or more Charging volts should be around 14volts, fully charged battery will read 12.6 or above.

·
Premium Member
2008 Civic Type R
775 Posts
I'm going to have to get me a new battery as this winter has definitely shown me that I must be on the original. It really struggles with lights left on auto, though I make a habit of having them off on start up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts