2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I need help from you guys. Well I have FN2 for 1 year now, so I decided to tne it a little bit. I decided to start with a good intake and cat back. Later on I will take manifold and ECU. I know that a lot of you have different things on your FN2-s so I want to hear a lot of your opinions. I want to have a great loud sound but also I don't want to buy those things only for sound. I read somewhere that a lot of this CAI systems loose on power so I am not shure what to take. Exhaust which I would like to take: HKS, MILTEK, INVIDA or TODA. What do you suggest? Intakes: GRUPPE M, INJEN, HKS, K&M OR AEM?? Please suggest for me best solution if you can!! Cheers!!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I think most people will reccomend milltek for the exhaust and gruppe m for the intake depending on how much you want to spend.... are you close to ABP in Crewe, Cheshire, or TDI North which I believe is in warrington??....

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
All depends on how much you want to spend. Very similar gains with the Miltek and the HKS and its a similar story with the HKS Racing Suction kit and the GruppeM. Only difference is the price! The HKS Exhaust will rush you almost double the Miltek and similar situation with the GruppeM thats more than double the price of the HKS racing suction kit with similar gains.

What are you going to be using the car for? Track or road?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for such a fast replays. Well unfortunately I am from Croatia so I am not close to Crewe. So I need to order things and instal them by myself. Well money is not important for me. I would rather pay more and get what I like best then pay less and stay dissapointed if you understand what I mean. I also know that still Gruppe M didn't invent intake for LHD type r so I need to wait for it. But I dont know what is the sound from it? For now best option is HKS racing kit. Good gains and sound if I understand corectly? With exhaust I still dont know. Nobody didnt try new Toda cat back which will be relesed very soon. It is 850 pounds but if it will be good I would take it? What do you think? How would you rank HKS, Miltek and Ividia? I will use my car for dayli drive.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
I'd say Gruppe M and Milltek.

Not that I have an intake yet but it's the one I'd go for. I'm not sure the HKS will be as good as the Gruppe M, I think it still suffers from heat soak because of the metal inlet pipe near the intake manifold, surely this holds heat more than the standard plastic one and limits power.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
none bought it but havent had time to fit it will be sticking with the aem for now but the powertec comes with a heat shield and is one of the simplest intakes to fit and dosent suffer from heat soak because it bolts directly to the stock airbox

Attachments

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I'm waiting for the Toda catback
Anybody know when it will be released?

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
I don't like Miltek , it has a resonance (annoying noise) point between 4000-5000 rpm which becomes annoying during long journeys .

HKS is ok , no annoying noises .

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
I don't like Miltek , it has a resonance (annoying noise) point between 4000-5000 rpm which becomes annoying during long journeys .

HKS is ok , no annoying noises .
did you hear milttek???
MILLTEK has the best sound especialy when you pushing hard,,,

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
:) Yes I did, there are 2 owners of FN2 over here having Miltek .
It does sound good except the bandwith 4000-5000 rpm like I wrote above.

One of them changed the Miltek for HKS and he and I like it better , you should hear it and tell me your opinion ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

One of them changed the Miltek for HKS and he and I like it better , you should hear it and tell me your opinion ;)
So can you explain me difference betwen HKS and Miltek? In loudnes how much percent? Tipe of sound? Depp or high ?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts

Dinoc i dont have this strang sound. My milltek work and sound perfect.
Ilove my miltek ...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
I'm waiting for the Toda catback
Anybody know when it will be released?
Its for sale NOW, ready for delivery.... So i've been told!!
Another 2 week and manifold its ready to...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts