2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
I'm guessing the toda is not fitted yet?
A decent cai is usually good for power.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
For sound a HKS is standard for most, it roars and gives good gains once mapped.

For performance a closed box suits most such as GruppeM / Mugen / Tegiwa. They sound pretty much OEM but give good gains if fitted with a fog scoop and tract.

Third is a CAI, these tend to give best gains but some can be a pain to fit and you need to watch for standing water. CPL sits quite high compared to the rest but the battery needs relocating.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For sound a HKS is standard for most, it roars and gives good gains once mapped.

For performance a closed box suits most such as GruppeM / Mugen / Tegiwa. They sound pretty much OEM but give good gains if fitted with a fog scoop and tract.

Third is a CAI, these tend to give best gains but some can be a pain to fit and you need to watch for standing water. CPL sits quite high compared to the rest but the battery needs relocating.

Do you have some photos ore links of last CAI and CPL please))

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
I've had HKS RSK, gruppe m, modified airbox and now the injen cai. The injen seems to have given me the best gains (so far). No battery relocation and a doddle to fit*

*erm, it wasn't quite as easy but that was just getting access and the positioning just right.

Attachments

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
I'd advise skunk2 too but if you're only adding an intake, header and maybe exhaust it is serious overkill as I'd doubt you'd make many / any gains over a CPL until you're hitting 240+ bhp.

The OEM inlet manifold and stock cams probably couldn't take advantage of all that fresh cold air goodness ;)
I didn't have any bottlenecks in intake until the cams were fitted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts