2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
So has anyone got a big brake conversion on their car? If so what make & what do you think of it?
In the next few months i'm going to upgrade the brakes on my car :D

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Ive got the Stoptech BBK from ABP for the last 6000km.

I always hated the OEM brakes:very poor pedal feel and modualtion, tendency to overheat, and outright lack of stopping power at high speeds (>180km/h).

Stoptech kit is an expensive upgrade but well worth it. Car now brakes as it should have from the beginning. The pedal modulation and generally the braking feel is fantastic. Great stopping power, 3kg lighter overall, and looks great. :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Bought my stoptech 328bbk from 8 speed, saved nearly £100 on them too. it's a fantastic kit. The standard brakes are shocking, still bedding in mine but will write a review once ive done another 1000 miles can feel there amazing already. If you do get the stoptech you will need 15mm spacers too to fit them.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I have'nt got big brakes but I have upgraded to drilled & groved & that made a difference for me. Also the cheaper option.

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
stoptechs ftw! expensive but thats the price you pay for brakes you can rely on never letting you down

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
I've got the Stoptech BBK. Absolutely awesome!

15mm spacers all round on the OEM wheels as well, does make it look a bit better and handling is a fair bit improved.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've found a few sets to look at silvers,Buddyclub,AP aswell as the mentioned Evo brembo's...
I had brought a 2nd set of calipers which i was going to paint but think that a set of BIGGER brakes will be better!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Stoptechs...... Fantastic brakes. You could also do the DC5 Brembo's with S2000 discs IIRC. If you have some big pennies maybe look at Spoon.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts