2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
4,358 Posts
I wonder if Leet has done the suggested hose clamping thing to eliminate that before introducing this new and exciting problem. :love:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well my abs/vsa light just came on again when i nipped out

Plugged the foxwell in, rear right sensor again

Seeing as this is intermittent, do i need a new sensor or could it be wiring / bad plug connection etc
Yesterday that sensor was registering wheel speed why driving perfectly on live data on the scanner.

I thought if the abs sensor stops working then it stops working

Ive already cleaned it a while back an the metal toothed cog it reads from.

Will take disc off have another look

I should be bleeding all 4 wheels again this week sometime when i get some more fluid haha

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I wonder if Leet has done the suggested hose clamping thing to eliminate that before introducing this new and exciting problem. :love:
Leet will be taking his baseball bat to this car soon then breaking it for spares..

Its currently tied on being worst car ive ever owned with a bright yellow renault 5 turbo Dimma that i owned for bout 5mths only round 1996

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
id buy a sensor from ebay like i did about 13 quid and i ran car for about five years and and as far as i know 18months after switching to 9g a old friend is running round in my old 2.2 still going strong
when the abs sensor went on mine i had about a month when light popped on and off till staying on thats when i bought the foxwell code reader bought code reader and sensor for less than a sensor off honda never mind labour charge for reading code

·
Registered
172 Posts
The vid sounds like ABS pump kicking in.
Just a fyi, my OSR abs went recently and I had the exact same thing, pump kicking in under relatively light brake applications.
Only I had a abs fault light on.

Replaced sensor for one off eBay and all fine. I don't know why the pump kicks in when theirs a fault you would think abs would be off but it must be partially on or the car thinks it's skidding unevenly causing the brake force distribution to try and correct it (if these cars have it).

Either way would look to replace the offending sensor. Eventually it will stay on permanently anyway

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
simple to replace even if you have to drill the old 1 out
if you need to drill it out just remove disc and you can gently drill though a hole on the hub

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
Leet will be taking his baseball bat to this car soon then breaking it for spares..

Its currently tied on being worst car ive ever owned with a bright yellow renault 5 turbo Dimma that i owned for bout 5mths only round 1996
bet you wish you had that 5 turbo now
there worth a fortune
i knew someone who had the mid engine 1 years ago left it to rot
they are like rocking horse droppings now

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Cant say i do, in the short time i had it i had 2 of the main 3 faults

Head gasket blew

Car caught fire, common fault on them, over heating circuit on back of the speedo/clocks. flames coming through top of dashboard, and this happened why it was parked on a petrol station not too far from the pumps..

I left it running why i ran in shop for some cigs, the look on the cashiers face when someone said 'whos is that car on fire outside' was priceless

When i ran outside with the shops fire extinguisher the doors were locked, somethin had triggered the central locking, so i to had smash drivers window with the fire extinguisher then put it out,

White fire powder everywhere. Fire brigade came shortly after and declared it safe

Luckily my dads mate was an auto elec, i had get a full car wiring loom and dash/ clocks, he charged me 300 to fit it all and did it all perfectly

Then it got sold and the first cosworth came next..

Attachments

·
4,358 Posts
Thank you for your full and explicit answer? to my last.#
And what if the real cause is a problem with brake pressure in the wheel. Or have you found out what was causing the soft pedal problem and it has gone away?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thank you for your full and explicit answer? to my last.#
And what if the real cause is a problem with brake pressure in the wheel. Or have you found out what was causing the soft pedal problem and it has gone away?

I'll try bleeding them all again first using the methods suggested on here, 2 men, not letting pedal go all way down to floor when bleeding etc

I think your referring to crimping each flexi brake hose while bleeding as someone mentioned? To see if pedal then gos hard?

Will try that it the re-bleed dont work again

When i checked all my calipers after rebuilding one, i checked all the hoses then, all looked fine to the eye, no rotting / swelling etc,
and the fluid flowed back through them fine when undoing the bleed nipple, ie, when i was checking the brakes were fully releasing and the wheel didnt spin anymore freely after undoing the nipple

Im starting to think this dodgy rear right abs sensor may have something do with it...

I cant remember whether the abs/vsa light first came on before i rebuilt and bled the front left caliper or if it was other way round, either way i know the 2 happened in a very short time apart.

·
4,358 Posts
What's the logical thinking that says a faulty ABS sensor will cause your sof pedal problem when you are stationary. Please explain.
I'll try bleeding them all again first using the methods suggested on here,
No, don't do that to start with, you might just be chucking even more fluid away for no benefit.
I think your referring to crimping each flexi brake hose while bleeding as someone mentioned [/quote/
No I'm not. I'm talking about just pinch off the flexibles in turn and then test the pedal between (With the engine running). If one of them pinched off makes the pedal go harder, then you have found the problem wheel. Then bleed it.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts