2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this weekend I decided to start repainting my cam cover as it was flaking quite badly as you can see in the photo below.
I used nitro mors to strip it with then used a wire brush drill attachment to remove the last remaining stubborn bits. I then put it in the dishwasher on a red hot cycle, much to the Mrs and the dishwasher's dismay. Got the dishwasher working again now though!

I masked off any areas such as oil cap sealing area & washer seats as well as the dipstick hole.
Painted with three coats of VHT wrinkle red spray then put under the grill for about half an hour. (wouldn't fit in the oven) removed the masking & left for 24 hours to fully harden. Today I have sanded the raised lettering to remove the paint as this was way too hard to mask up.
I've fitted new spark plug / coil pack seals & a new gasket. Had some new washers with the seals too so I ordered some black nuts to complete the fresh look.
Will refit it tomorrow and get some more photos.
uploadfromtaptalk1454420625563.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1454420640140.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1454420651599.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_** using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I have noticed is that some of them have just Honda on them and some, like mine have Honda motor co Ltd on them. Does anyone know why that is?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really need to give the whole bay a steam clean now!

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
[smilie=thatworks.g: the small details soon add up and make a difference

·
Registered
101 Posts
One thing I have noticed is that some of them have just Honda on them and some, like mine have Honda motor co Ltd on them. Does anyone know why that is?

I think the earlier EP3 had just Honda on them and this changed to Honda motor co Ltd with the FN2

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
With regards to doing this what exactly do you hve to take off/remove to get the cam cover off and is this a reasonable job to do yourself? As im looking to do this myself as mine has flaked like some of yours and after fitting the hks rsk yesterday really lets the engine bay down.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With regards to doing this what exactly do you hve to take off/remove to get the cam cover off and is this a reasonable job to do yourself? As im looking to do this myself as mine has flaked like some of yours and after fitting the hks rsk yesterday really lets the engine bay down.
Really easy, all you do is remove the two silver plastic covers, take out the coil packs then remove all nuts holding the cam cover down. It's best to remove the scuttle panel cover first though too for more room above.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts