2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my FN2 bout 3 months now.

couple weeks ago while on a long journey i heard the clutch pedal making bit of a Click / Clunk noise. it had not done this previously

today it started to sound worse like a double click noise now. it happens when clutch is pressed in around 1/4 of the way down, it clicks going in and clicks when releasing in the same area of pedal travel..

ive been under there tonight with flash light looking at everything, it sounded like it was coming from the coil type spring thats up there behind the top of the pedal. ive spayed some wd40 round it but no joy

can see some parts under there have some sort of grease on them.

im mythed cause you can hear the click very well when your heads under there right next to the pedal but everything ive looked while pushing pedal in and out doesnt seem to be "moving" unusally that could cause the sound...

if its worth mentioning my clutch pedal is Very stiff and its hard to gear change when in vtech. ive already bought a new honda clutch but not got round to fitting it yet. cars done 95k on original clutch

anyone had this clicking pedal and what was the cause if fixed?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Change the clutch. It will be like driving a new car mine was the same heavy clutch. It was hard to change gear at high rpm aswell

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah new clutch will be fitted shortly after xmas. Out of interest when you had ur new clutch fitted did your biting point change, mines low, have turned the master cylinder one rotation following the guides online but barely made a difference? And did your pedal become much softer?

Doubt it'll fix the clicking pedal tho.... Been watching some youtube vids seems a problem with usa civics was the thin metal bracket around clutch pedal assembly would crack and move. Havnt noticed that on mine

·
Registered
13 Posts
The bite point was very low on the original clutch. The new one is about in the middle just right never suffered from any squeaking or clicking . Had the car since August. The clutch is nice and light to press. Had it done at AreaMotorsport. John the mechanic said that bleeding the clutch if not done right can give problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did they say it had to be bleeded when putting new clutch in? id been wondering about that

my car has Honda service history from new upto august this year, one of the last things they had done to it was renew the brake and clutch fluids

·
Registered
557 Posts
If squeaking it will be the master cylinder too. Ckuld change that same time if noise bothers you.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If squeaking it will be the master cylinder too. Ckuld change that same time if noise bothers you.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
its not squeaking... its a Click / Clunk noise thats coming from around the pedal somehwere...

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
If you can get to it have a look at the pivot on the pedal.
I believe it has a plastic washer arrangement where the pivot pin goes through, maybe this has worn to the point where the whole pedal moves about as well as going up/down and makes this click.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on my clicking clutch pedal, ive noticed last 2 days when i start the car from cold, the pedal isnt making that clicking sound

But after a few minutes of engine running it starts to do it....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts