2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys :)

Need to do a coolant Drain and fill on my 08 Civic Type R FN2. I'll be damned if I can find the radiator drain plug!
Don't tell me I need to remove the front bumper off or take the whole under tray off just to drain coolant? Could I reach the drain plug by just removing the inspection panel and not the whole under tray?

Would really love some insight!
Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again Das :)
You helped me out with my first post here too!
It looks like the only way to get to it is to take the whole under tray out..... Does that sound right to you? Seems excessive to me just to drain coolant! And a huge faff.

There must be another way! Uggh...

·
i-Vtec
1,597 Posts
Im guessing if your worried about the environment then yes it is the only way. Here's an idea, get oil, an oil filter and 2lt of MTF3 and do an oil and filter and a gearbox oil change all at the same time then at least removing the undertray will be a worth the hassle and your gear change will be 100% improved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And if someone wasn't worried about the environment.... There is a way? :unsure: what would that be? :LOL: pulling a hose out?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Don't forget to order a new seal for the radiator drain plug if you do remove it. I find it way less hassle to remove a pipe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts