2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I have a 2008 CTR GT, it has an AEM short ram kit (for sale btw) which I am swapping for a panel filter, just became a dad and it's too loud for the wee man. I have seen HKS and K&N filter's so far and want to know if there are any others you would recomend.

Cheers Dave.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Hi folks, I have a 2008 CTR GT, it has an AEM short ram kit (for sale btw) which I am swapping for a panel filter, just became a dad and it's too loud for the wee man. I have seen HKS and K&N filter's so far and want to know if there are any others you would recomend.

Cheers Dave.
Hks Hybrid need changing like the OEM.
Go for K&N IMO!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hks Hybrid need changing like the OEM.
Go for K&N IMO!!
just trying to work out how to clean my K&N. the instructions are good on explaining how to wash it and oil it but not on how to get it out in the first place ! any ideas ? wondering whether its better just buying a new filter and being done with it ? also, how often do you clean it ? i was told 15k miles and i'm half way there

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I wash my HKS Hybred every 3 months or so. It comes out of the plastic chassis very easily then just wash the sponge under cold water and allow to dry, then re-install. Had mine for nearly 2 years and still going strong, and no oiling thank god.:D

·
Registered
872 Posts
cheers. yours sounds quite easy. have to oil the K&N though after its dried out following a thorough wash - knowing my luck i'd put the car off the road for three days whilst all this washing and oiling milarky dries out :( !!! just been on their web site (FAQ) and it says to wash/oil after 50k miles road use, 25k miles off road/dusty road use so have emailed them. be interesting to see what they come back with

1 - 7 of 7 Posts