2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

For those of you who went from a 1.8 FN2 to a FN2 CTR...

When not being thrashed will the CTR return almost as good MPG as the 1.8 petrol or is it like the FST I used to have where it did 18mpg when thrashed to an inch of its life and 21mpg when driven like miss daisy lol so basically sod all difference.

Whats the difference between the GT and normal CTR (I noticed GT has fogs) Is the GT version much heavier than the non GT version and does it affect the performance much?

Is the standard car audio just as bad as the 1.8 petrol?

Why on earth did they put red carpets in it, I bet they are a pig to keep clean.

David

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
I went from a 1.8 to FN2. No it wont return the same mpg as the 1.8. However driven economically I can get 40mpg+. Being thrashed I have had as low as 11mpg over 40 miles of thrashing.

GT version has the following over standard type R: dual curtain airbags, auto headlights, fog lights, cruise control, dual zone air con, rain sensing wipers, (non) lockable glove box with cooler

No performance related changes.

I never noticed the 1.8 having bad audio. Red carpets to go with the red interior theme, they dont get that dirty actually.

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
I went from a 1.8 to FN2. No it wont return the same mpg as the 1.8. However driven economically I can get 40mpg+. Being thrashed I have had as low as 11mpg over 40 miles of thrashing.

GT version has the following over standard type R: dual curtain airbags, auto headlights, fog lights, cruise control, dual zone air con, rain sensing wipers, (non) lockable glove box with cooler

No performance related changes.

I never noticed the 1.8 having bad audio. Red carpets to go with the red interior theme, they dont get that dirty actually.
dude i have a gt and im sure my glove box isnt cooled
does it have settings or does the air con cool it
please shed some light because i am a bit miffed

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
dude i have a gt and im sure my glove box isnt cooled
does it have settings or does the air con cool it
please shed some light because i am a bit miffed
There is a Air vent in the glovebox. So have the aircon on hot and the glovebox will be hot, vice versa for cold. There is a flap that you can close to stop air going in.

Not sure about weight however it doubt it effects the performance. The GT has Fogs, 2 more airbaigs, USB/AUX/12v in the armrest and other minor things.

The Red carpets fit the car perfectly and arent that bad to keep clean. Just needs a wash every now and again.

I always thought the FN2 was the CTR? Am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
I always thought the FN2 was the CTR? Am I missing something?
your correct, the original poster also thinks you can get a 1.8 FN2?

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your correct, the original poster also thinks you can get a 1.8 FN2?
My bad - I thought FN2 was the Honda name for the 06 onwards shape civic. I didn't realise it was exclusive to the CTR, Either way I mentioned so people knew I meant the new CTR not the old EP3.

So basically all the toys I have with my ES I'd have to get the GT CTR to keep them. Except I'd loose the glass roof.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
My bad - I thought FN2 was the Honda name for the 06 onwards shape civic. I didn't realise it was exclusive to the CTR, Either way I mentioned so people knew I meant the new CTR not the old EP3.

So basically all the toys I have with my ES I'd have to get the GT CTR to keep them. Except I'd loose the glass roof.
You wont be bothered about the glass roof when your hitting vtec haha!

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Not sure about weight however it doubt it effects the performance. The GT has Fogs, 2 more airbaigs, USB/AUX/12v in the armrest and other minor things.

?

My GT doesnt have USB or aux?!!
It does have auto lights/wipers, cooled gbox, fog lights etc

·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts