2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is an engine damper out there for the fn2 type r ? And also if the polybush engine mount kit
Is worth buying ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
There is no need for an engine damper on the fn2 as they redesigned the driver side engine mount.

I have the poly bush mounts but only on the front and driver side mounts. The rear lower mount transferred too much vibration in to the cabin.

Gear changes, wheel spin and general traction are improved by fitting them and a small increase in vibration in to the cabin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh right ok i asked because when i wheel spin it makes an almighty judder and i thought maybe damping the engine and polybushing the mounts might help but if thats the case ill just go for the engine mounts.

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Yes, the judder is called wheel hop and the poly bush inserts are designed to reduce exactly that. The dog bone engine mount on the driver side was installed on the fn2 to reduce forward/back movement of the engine under stress. The ep3 didn't have this type of Mount therefore, an engine torque damper was developed for them.

I would definitely recommend the inserts though. Well worth the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts