2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I've been thinking about your tuning package for my FN2... tegiwa single exit, hks drop in and flashpro + mapping. Just wondering if the mapping is a custom map on the Dyno or just the group N map?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Hey pal, it is a custom remap you receive I believe but will leave it to tdi to clarify

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Full custom tunes on everything we do.

I don't believe its entirely safe to be running the GpN map long term as it was only meant to get people going so they could get the cars properly tuned to see the true benefit of the mods and mappable ecu. ;)

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I don't believe its entirely safe to be running the GpN map long term as it was only meant to get people going so they could get the cars properly tuned to see the true benefit of the mods and mappable ecu. ;)
Exactly my thinking! That's what I was worried about.

Thanks for the info 😊

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts

Of which I'm on my last few days of a 6 week wait, counting the minutes :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of which I'm on my last few days of a 6 week wait, counting the minutes :thumbsup:
Are you running a large mod list musegroove?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Its daft. We are booking cars in for work in August already!
We do get the odd days cropping up and if people cancel we can move things around but can't believe how busy we are. Being into race season doesn't help things as trying to get all the cars prepped and ready puts a lot of strain on the workshop.

I used to laugh at Mark at Abbey Motorsport when they had a 6 month wait for any work and round the back of the workshop is a large field with about 30 cars all waiting to get their slot.
Its like a dream car parking lot there!

Some people say its a good thing to be busy though...... Im not so sure. :lol:

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
I don't believe its entirely safe to be running the GpN map long term as it was only meant to get people going so they could get the cars properly tuned
What are the risks?

Btw do you open at weekends for mapping? :)

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
What are the risks?

I thought I read on here the group n was very safe, ie. fueling same as oem, and just minor tweaks to other areas including lower vtec.

The only negative was very minimal gains top end.

Was planning on running this for a while so curious to know.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
I've been running it for five months so am keen to know. I will get a custom map done but might opt for an e tune because everyone is about 200 miles away :serious:

·
4,275 Posts
Are you running a large mod list musegroove?
I'm running the basic breathing mods at the moment to get me started. Intake, header, cat back. The majority of my cash was spent on removing the previous owner's cheap crap such as tyres and brakes and a proper geo setup so I can whip round the country lanes a little bit quicker. Even without the remap and driving like an OAP Saab driver I can appreciate the difference already :)

Intake, TB, oil pump and TDi cams in my budget for next year so will be sure to book in extra early next time!!

·
4,275 Posts
What are the risks?

I'm far from an expert but from my personal use and basic data logging my previous RSK before it was removed gave me a horrible flat spot and since running the Teg header the car was running leaner and knocking quite a bit.

To be fair as I've been granny driving everywhere I filled it 95RON. Once I went back to vpower / 99RON the knocks are back to 0. Never putting anything less in again.

Also people say they run grpN with a header no problem but mine has a right fit on cam changeover if I accidently get to 4k revs, it's completely undriveable so a custom map seems required if going down that route.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Bottom line is people seem to be able to justify the £400-500 cost of a flashpro just to run a base map with a placebo gain of lower vtec only. Fuelling is still as poor and conservative as the stock map, ignition and cam phasing little better than stock and reality is the standard ecu compensates for any breathing mods fuelling wise automatically as airflow changes across the MAF sensor anyway so ultimately its the earlier change-gover that makes people believe its better.

Reality is a properly "tuned" car will pay for itself in money saved from improved fuel economy alone. You will benefit from much improved throttle response and optimised cam and ignition values to suit.

Its like buying a state of the art TV with 3D, a million channels surround sound the full works but just sitting there looking at it and not turning it on and seeing what it can really do.

Horses for courses though. :lol:

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bottom line is people seem to be able to justify the £400-500 cost of a flashpro just to run a base map with a placebo gain of lower vtec only. Fuelling is still as poor and conservative as the stock map, ignition and cam phasing little better than stock and reality is the standard ecu compensates for any breathing mods fuelling wise automatically as airflow changes across the MAF sensor anyway so ultimately its the earlier change-gover that makes people believe its better.

Reality is a properly "tuned" car will pay for itself in money saved from improved fuel economy alone. You will benefit from much improved throttle response and optimised cam and ignition values to suit.

Its like buying a state of the art TV with 3D, a million channels surround sound the full works but just sitting there looking at it and not turning it on and seeing what it can really do.

Horses for courses though. :lol:
...This I like. Haha. I better get saving

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
How long does the mapping process take? Can it be done in one visit?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Mapping on a car with normal bolt on parts only takes a couple of hours but allow a morning.

From scratch a really trick setup we have never seen before can be done easily in a day if not half a day so anyone quoting daft times or several visits is either taking the piss or don't know what they are doing ;)

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would it be a morning for the tuning package then..? Exhaust fitted etc

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Would it be a morning for the tuning package then..? Exhaust fitted etc

Really depends on the package selected.
Drop in filter takes seconds whereas something like a Mugen intake takes about 90 mins. An exhaust is an hour to fit and a manifold can be 90 mins then there is tuning on top

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great stuff... cheers for the info!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts