2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I want some more exhaust noise in my fn2 but also don’t want to spend £600-800.
I’m not planning any other power mods and am just planning to keep her fresh and shiny in standard form until an fk2 is within my budged in a year or 2.
Use systems don’t seem to pop up often on eBay but. I always keep an eye out.
Has anyone use the M2 back box?
I don’t want anything too loud just a bit of an uplift over standard. Any ideas?

·
Registered
263 Posts
M2 will be noisier, good thing is I think it's compatible with the standard middle section, so if you want more noise later you can upgrade the middle section too

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M2 will be noisier, good thing is I think it's compatible with the standard middle section, so if you want more noise later you can upgrade the middle section too
Thanks my thinking.. I here a lot of others such as tegiwa need modding to fit to the standard cart. Plus I’m not looking for gains, I’m happy with power. Just want that little extra noise you know

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alternatively you could fit an hks rsk intake, which sounds normal pottering about, but when vtec engages it roars like crazy
I’d kind of like to keep intake as it is plus I can’t see how the HKS gets enough cold air to but that’s a whole other discussion lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
I’d kind of like to keep intake as it is plus I can’t see how the HKS gets enough cold air to but that’s a whole other discussion lol
Lol its All people scare mongering about that.

We did a test at Norton tuning solutions on a rolling road day with a guy who was running an hks, inlet temps did climb when static as you would expect and will happen with any intake, as soon as the car started moving, intake temps dropped and didn't cause any drops in power.

I also run a hks and made 230hp so it certainly isn't a problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts