2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Long time, no post..! Things have been a bit manic these past few months as the little girl grows up (she turned one in December - how fast has that gone :facepalm: ??).

But I did have a free day last weekend and with a break in the weather I pulled out the cleaning box, gave the car a well earned spruce up and had a play with my new Nikon DSLR.

Am generally quite pleased with the results (some Photoshop messing along the way was well).

Any comments welcomed :popcorn2:

Cheers

Nick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more post-clean shots...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Showing off the sticker with pride :cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And finally

Couldn't resist going for a drive too as the sun went down. Taken on Cannock Chase. Again, a bit of Photoshop tinkering afterwards...

Attachments

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Very nice indeed - now, you need to lower and widen it - and colour code your fuel tank lid and number plate surrounds ! ...

Reactions: Olas

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice indeed - now, you need to lower and widen it - and colour code your fuel tank lid and number plate surrounds ! ...
Cheers JDR, I'd agree with you except for the tank lid - after shelling out for the aluminium one I'm leaving it just the way it is!!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice, looks like it has fresh lacquer on it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it was a good clean and polish...but to be honest, you can thank a decent camera lens and a bit of Photoshop action for that :rolleyes:

But nice of you to say so!!

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I hate you!

... with your fancy camera and ridiculously shiny car.

well done Nick, get em up on FB as well matey.

Reactions: Olas

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Nice pics, the only thing that lets these cars down (and i have seen it on loads, can notice it more when you use a decent camera) is the orange peel on the boot panel.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hate you!

... with your fancy camera and ridiculously shiny car.

well done Nick, get em up on FB as well matey.

I hate you too, with your Mugen beastie, Lightning alloys and Best in Show trophy :D:D:D

So at least we have something in common..!!

FB is now done

Cheers

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice pics, the only thing that lets these cars down (and i have seen it on loads, can notice it more when you use a decent camera) is the orange peel on the boot panel.
Indeed, really does show on a black one too :mad:

Camera is exaggerating the effect quite a lot though

Cheers

Nick

·
Mr Miyagi
2,928 Posts
the only thing that lets these cars down (and i have seen it on loads, can notice it more when you use a decent camera) is the orange peel on the boot panel.
Its the only thing i think Honda havnt mastered, paintwork! They have thin paint too

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Excellent pics they look great! Need start experimenting more with mine, could start this Saturday at the Autosport show, the fantastic curves and bodywork on display, then maybe some of the cars too! Lol ;)

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Absolutely stunning pics mate!!!

I was only thinking earlier of investing in a DSLR as I don't know if my "point and shoot" Sony DSC-270 will get me the shots I'm after.

I can't even use photoshop properly and use Picnik and edit online instead, but you have inspired me to do some learning.

I reckon you should try and get some night shots too, maybe with some light graffiti, black cars at night look the nuts.

Anyway great work pal :p

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
I am free this weekend and the black needs a lickle wash and a photoshoot so if you get your finger out and get a move on it would be much appreciated

In all fairness well done........ I love it

1 - 20 of 44 Posts