2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Since I bought my 2007 FN2 GT, I noticed that the external temperature gauge has displayed no reading whatsoever....I've also noticed that my average MPG is 22!! Whilst I'm aware that the car can be pretty thirsty, I'd still expect a bit more than that from it, or I am wrong? I drive short journeys to work and back every day, about 6 miles in total. It would seem that the previous owner had installed (or tried) some aftermarket Ipod connections as there are various wires hanging out from under the speakers and the arm rest etc....Would the temperature gauge issue have an effect on the MPG?

Any advice/ideas welcomed.

Cheers,

Lew

·
Super Moderator
1,256 Posts
I do 8 miles each way up & down some very steep hills and I am getting near 30 mpg.
If you are only doing a total of 6 miles it is possible that your mpg is not far off correct.
The engine probably does not get warm and you are doing "urban" consumption see here for review and info https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/specs/detail/?v=MHONCCIV0141

What do you get if you take it out on a long run?
Would advise running on shell v power, BP ultimate or Esso synergy+ to get best performance and mpg.

What is the service history like - might just need a good tune up and filters changed?

There are some settings possible with the temp gauge (using the i button on the steering wheel), not sure if "off" is one of them, do you have the manual to refer to?

As to the electrics - no good asking me, its a mysterious black art as far as I am concerned.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Car would've just about fully warmed up in 6 miles so low 20s sounds about right.

·
Super Moderator
20,982 Posts
Good old Tesco jollop here.

Only fill up 2 or 3 times a year now :D

If the OP only does 6 mile journeys each day then I agree that 20 mpg is likely. Only way to test is to do a longer run on a fast flowing road and watch the gauge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice everyone. Any ideas on the external temperature reading though? I've seen a few threads on here which mention incorrect readings, either too high or too low, but couldn't see any which complained of no reading at all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts