1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Will keep an eye out for a copy, cheers :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
R555 - is that your FN2? Looking great if so. Hope you've managed to get the Clockwise top end dialled in better now.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
R555 - is that your FN2? Looking great if so. Hope you've managed to get the Clockwise top end dialled in better now.
That is mine :)

Still having issues with the engine - its got a little misfire that can't be mapped out - something to do with the cam and injectors and the VTEC actuator pin keeps locking so I have to crank it for 10 second before starting it so the oil pressure builds up.

Oh and the VSA / ABS light wont go off!

So all in all its a work in progress

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Bet it's going better than when I heard it at Grinspeed before the engine swap though! :crying: It'll be worth it in the end I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bet it's going better than when I heard it at Grinspeed before the engine swap though! :crying: It'll be worth it in the end I'm sure.
It is running a lot better now and hopefully I'll get there in the end.

Only just finished the mapping process with Vit - that alone took over a year of logs backwards and forwards.

The ABS / VSA issue I'm still investigating. The VTEC actuator is something I'm just going to live with for now, doesn't seem to cause any issues providing I crank it first

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
It is running a lot better now and hopefully I'll get there in the end.

Only just finished the mapping process with Vit - that alone took over a year of logs backwards and forwards.

The ABS / VSA issue I'm still investigating. The VTEC actuator is something I'm just going to live with for now, doesn't seem to cause any issues providing I crank it first
That's a lot of mapping :serious: I've just done three months with him but a year...wow! The issues don't sound too serious - more electronic than mechanical with the VSA / ABS?

·
Enjoying life
8,510 Posts
@R555 love the seats. Were they easy to swap for oem? Been thinking of doing the same, are they a lot lighter?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a lot of mapping :serious: I've just done three months with him but a year...wow! The issues don't sound too serious - more electronic than mechanical with the VSA / ABS?
I've got a new ABS Modulator to try and then I think it's a matter of looking at all the connections on the ABS Sensors

@R555 love the seats. Were they easy to swap for oem? Been thinking of doing the same, are they a lot lighter?

Thanks. Yeah it was an easy swap using buddyclub rails and some adapter bars that came with the seats. Loads lighter than standard. I'd say one corbeau seat is about the same as two OEM! They are heated too so great in this weather!

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Hi,

To celebrate 10 years since the release of the FN2 Jap Performance have done a feature on the FN2 / FD2. Its a bit of a buying guide / info on the cars and worth checking out.

My car as well..did he send you a magazine? I've not heard a thing?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My car as well..did he send you a magazine? I've not heard a thing?

Nope! I'd emailed Guy before Xmas asking if he knew when it was going to be in and he said he didn't know then I was just thinking about it last week and emailed Dan who just replied and said
It's in and the issue is out today (last Thursday)

I had to buy my own copy of the mag! Lol

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
I emailed dan and he's sending a copy he says,and sent 9 pics I'll post the pics in a min with yours on he sent

1 - 17 of 17 Posts