2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a surprise on Friday night -after 9 months of ownership, drove it in the dark and found out I have foot well lights in the FN2 GT!
Just 1 small red light in the panel under the glove box and same under the steering column.
It's an 11 reg and was ex-Honda demonstrator, was this an optional item or standard fitment?

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Not sure. I have them too. Top tip - remove the blue cover on the pair of them and they're much brighter!

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
What are they for, other than seeing what you're doing when vacuuming the front mats in a darkish garage.

My main interior light is perfectly OK at night.

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
What are they for, other than seeing what you're doing when vacuuming the front mats in a darkish garage.

Becoztyper

·
Super Moderator
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I don't care since I didn't pay for them.
I replaced the nasty yellow interior lights with LED bulbs to the interior so I could see better.

·
Super Moderator
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Got more light out of them by drilling a hole in the blue cover.
What they are for is to focus a pool of light on the metal TYPE R plaque on the floor mats -- how f'ing Type R is that!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
It was extra on mine. I purchased them from Honda for the front and rear seats.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Got more light out of them by drilling a hole in the blue cover.
What they are for is to focus a pool of light on the metal TYPE R plaque on the floor mats -- how f'ing Type R is that!!!!
Do you know the algorithm how OEM leds lit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts