2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can you tell me what price I willbe looking at paying for new front pads at Honda. Looking to stay with original pads.
Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just sticking with oem as they can't be that bad as there on a 20k plus motor! I'm not really into upgrading etc so don't really know much.
My front pads have lasted ages, so that's another reason I wanted to stick with oem.
Lad I know in Honda told me they will be £80 fitted. I understand they should be £100.

Thanks for replys so far

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
front pads are around 50quid iirc, I know what your saying about a 20k motor but put it like this, it's parts where built by the lowest bidder ;)

OEM brakes are one of the worst things on the FN2 and a simple pad swap can transform it, but for the ds2500 your looking at around £95 for the front ones.

Dealer will have oems on the shelf though if thats what your after, just don't expect miracles.

Stephen

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I was just sticking with oem as they can't be that bad as there on a 20k plus motor! I'm not really into upgrading etc so don't really know much.
My front pads have lasted ages, so that's another reason I wanted to stick with oem.
Lad I know in Honda told me they will be £80 fitted. I understand they should be £100.

Thanks for replys so far
Honda pads suck. Like you say £20k plus motor don't re-fit rubbish!!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers for the advice fellas, are the ds2500 legal , I thought I read they were not , but I might have confused that with something else.
How are they for wearing etc compared with oem ?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
The DS2500 are not R90 compliant ;) but are proven to be one the top pads out there for road/fast road and occasional track day use. They are the go to pad on here and many forums- not just the Civic. No extra wear over oem on discs etc and noise free if installed and bedded in correctly with manufacturers data

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
How long have the OEM pads lasted you (miles)?

If you are destroying them annually (under 12K miles a year) then you probably need to upgade,not just the pads but the braking system. If you are not then why change from what is a quality component?

Everyone will have an opinion on what i best/feels best etc :cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pads lasted over 30k which I'm really shocked at to be honest . Another reason why I want to stick with oem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts