2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally fitted my FN2 grill. Not a hard job but took an hour and a half! Things kept going wrong, but regardless it's on now.

How can I get the "Type R" badge off? I was thinking maybe a hairdryer? Will that work?

I want to keep the red badge and eventually plan on getting colour coded.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
The Type R badge should be held on with 3 nuts....they aren't threaded nuts, they are pushed onto 3 pins of the badge which go through the grill and keep it in place (don't know the specific name.....sorry!). These will now be an absolute pain to take off with the grill on the car.
The back of the badge also has 2 sticky pads (well mine did, and I only put it on a few weeks ago). Get some fishing wire and run it behind the badge and it will unstick it. And then use bug & tar remover and polish to remove the left over residue

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Should have took it off before fitting mate.

It should have 3 pins that have push on clips on the back also double sided tape.

Then again it might be glued on.

Could try a hair dryer and a bit of pulling.

Looks good though!

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I should have said in my previous post, that using a hairdryer to soften up the glue will also work. I just don't have the luxury of that seeing as my car lives in an underground apartment carpark :(!

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for help. The reason why I didn't take it off prior to fitting was because it's simply glued on. I've peeled it off now, but has left glue residue.

·
Bye Bye Type R
1,198 Posts
IPA should remove all the glue

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts