2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have recently bought an FN2 Type R GT which I think comes with built in HFT. I have a Note 8 and have been trying to connect to the HFT, but with no luck. When I press the voice control button and say "phone set up" it goes to the nav voice control list every time instead of offering me a list of phone options such as" pair". I have a strong Glasgow accent, but I'm speaking as clearly as possible. I notice that there appears to be some sort of Bluetooth receiver on the windscreen with the word "Pure" on it and "Pure Go 6591" shows in my phone's available devices list, but always fails to pair. I'm assuming it is only one part of a Bluetooth device?

Does anyone know if my phone is incompatible with the built in HFT? Or will I need to purchase a 3rd party Bluetooth device? Or is it maybe just my accent that is the issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
Are you sure that the Pure thing is not a DAB adaptor for the radio?
That's what Pure are known for.

I take it you have the GT version with built in Honda satnav, mine doesn't so can't really help you further on that one.
I had a Mazda with voice activation that couldn't cope with my South Coast accent so that might be part of the problem.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea what the Pure thing is, mate, but I suspect you're right. It shows up on my list of Bluetooth devices on my phone, but never pairs. Should there be another part to it?

It is the GT with built in Sat nav. Thanks for replying.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
The hft ive found is really poor when trying to setup despite following instructions to the t. Took me several weeks to get my s7 edge connected on wifes car after several attempts. Dont see the note 8 not being compatible. Just keep trying

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
I don't know anything about the Pure stuff, my CTR had the separate hardwired Honda bluetooth kit fitted (looks like the basic Parrot kit) which paired with my ancient Samsung using OPP so I don't have a problem - my phone doesn't do voice control anyway.
My best advice is go to your local ICE retailer and see if they can help on both your issues.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hft ive found is really poor when trying to setup despite following instructions to the t. Took me several weeks to get my s7 edge connected on wifes car after several attempts. Dont see the note 8 not being compatible. Just keep trying
Cheers mate. This gives me a wee bit of hope. I'll keep trying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts