2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone know if an intercooler for the FN2 being developed by anyone?

I understand the superchargers are being held back by temps.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Hi,

Anyone know if an intercooler for the FN2 being developed by anyone?

I understand the superchargers are being held back by temps.

.... :confused:

Rotrex already has a intercooler option, and the other superchargers cant use one!!! Only a after cooler.... and that also already exists.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Held back how Ash? They knock out 330hp and you can run them all day (CT's anyway) If your going to be playing with the idea of superchargers and inter/after coolers, because inlet temps are going up etc, plus the cost of a charger kit too, you might as well just go turbo.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Held back how Ash? They knock out 330hp and you can run them all day (CT's anyway) If your going to be playing with the idea of superchargers and inter/after coolers, because inlet temps are going up etc, plus the cost of a charger kit too, you might as well just go turbo.
Someone obviously mis informed me. He said it was held back by inlet temps. That not the case then?

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
That was from what i wrote but i meant after 330bhp ish your starting to limit yourself with the CT charger as to get more power you could either go nitrous, water/meth injection or smaller pulley & to get away safely with smaller pulleys you really need a aftercooler as the heat generated will be unsafe levels & you'd risk destroying the engine.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was from what i wrote but i meant after 330bhp ish your starting to limit yourself with the CT charger as to get more power you could either go nitrous, water/meth injection or smaller pulley & to get away safely with smaller pulleys you really need a aftercooler as the heat generated will be unsafe levels & you'd risk destroying the engine.
So in which case my question is a valid one. It is held back by temps when implementing a smaller pulley?

I'm assuming my lack of understanding has caused further confusion by saying intercooler as apposed to aftercooler?

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
A question our Relic can answer !

So we have all seen the CT after cooler,
CT Engineering (Comptech) Aftercooler Kit RSX CIVICMercRacing Products

My Question is would it be possible to disconnect the evaporator inside the car and pipe up the aftercooler to the aircon, I have just read that the aircon pump in the CTR is very efficient.
Im thinking this would have a much greater cooling effect than just water running through the aftercooler.

:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
What is interesting on that site is a Lysholm twinscrew kit! Price is a bit vague, but that (with the aftercooler) would be awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts