2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much digging I think I can finally give some good, definitive info on these lambda/O2/AFR sensors. Over last few days I've read loads and spoken to Denso UK's technical guy, Alan. So here goes...

36531-RSP-E01
was the Primary O2 sensor for the '06-'08 FN2 - Discontinued

36531-RSP-E02 is the updated version, fitted to '09> FN2 and replacing the E01 sensor. Unfortunately this sensor is made by Denso, for Honda, but Honda hold the rights/license for it, as such it isn't available anywhere other than Honda. Tegiwa is the cheapest supplier.. GENUINE HONDA PRIMARY O2 OXYGEN SENSOR CIVIC TYPE R FN2

36532-RSP-E01 is the secondary O2 sensor, the one that goes in the cat. This one is available from other companies such as NGK and is way cheaper than the Honda one, but again, don't confuse it with the primary O2.

Now, there is a Denso AFR sensor that will fit and work. But.. as it's for the US Si Civic it's designed for cars running on gas, not petrol. They're available on eBay US (search for DENSO 234-9076) for considerably less cash than the propper Honda one, but Denso ensure me that it won't last very long. You pays your money, you takes your choice.

Stoney (and me when mine turns up) is running on the US Denso version. He's installed it and says it fits/reads fine, so the only remaining question is; how long will it last and is the cost saving worth it. Only time will tell.. I'll report back when my US Denso one dies.

I hope that helps clear things up :)

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Excellent info fella .

I dont see what Dens guy means as the US runs on 91 and 93RON which is fairly similar to our 95. I don't understand his gas versus petrol comment .

Time will tell

Stephen

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently not similar enough. The thing is, as we know, the 'proper' UK spec Honda one lasted me 18 months. At £250 a time it can be a costly affair. If this 'wrong' one does a year, at under £100 it's still a saving.

Of course, that's assuming that they'll always only last 18 months and that mine wasn't particularly short-lived. I know you got many years out of yours didn't you.

As said, only time will tell.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Mines the factory one from 07 .

I've PM'd Pouyoumad who made the original discovery to see how he is getting on .

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah mine that was in the car when I got it was the E01 factory one. I found out it was dead (and probably had been for a while) when I first had a custom RR tune at CPL when the car was just under 4yo (50k miles).

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I have the sensor I removed from my car and the first 3 digits are 211 .

Can't see the rest

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The Denso code is 211200-2520 (for the E01 version at least). Alan said any sensor where the first 9 digits are the same is the same sensor, but I've searched and come up blank.

I should mention that Denso were most helpful. HQ called be back at 10am this morning after leaving a message the day before (Sunday). She gave me Alan's mobile number, so I called him and he really knew his stuff and was great.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When my Denso one turns up I'll get the code off the E02 version that's in my car now. If it's different from 211200-2520, I'll call him again to make sure that one isn't available either. Clutching at straws I know, but it's worth an ask.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pouyoumad just PMd me .
6000KM and still going strong. :)
I can confirm that this US Denso sensor has been on my car for around 6000km and the car being still e-tuned by Vit at the moment (e-tune was interrupted by me for some time...) : I can also confirm that the AFR readings are still correct ;-)

I don't understand neither that "gas vs petrol" difference ??

My OEM sensor (from '07 FN2) was found dead since 1st datalog of my e-tune. May have been so for some time; running rich on Hondata GrN ECU, I didn't notice a big issue.
Some say running this kind of ECU can also shorten the primary O2 sensor life.

As you say, time will tell

Reactions: Revs FN2

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's excellent new, cheers buddy :cool: Out of interest, what octane fuel are you running on?

This is how my 18 month old E02 is reading at the mo..

.. not good :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I always run the engine on 98 octane fuel (here in France we have 95 or 98)

Yeah I read several stories of several sensors going dead on the same car... :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks a lot Paul for the informations!

I had read your "old" thread and bought the US-Version. I haven't installed it. But this or the next month i am going to install it. So we have another test. I have been riding since 2012 with Aral ultimate 102 in good old Germany :)

Regards Ulli

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No worries Ulli. I noticed that the other one they had was sold soon after I posted that info. I assumed someone from Civinfo had purchased it ;)

That 'old' thread must have been my mod thread. I thought I ought to make a new thread so peeps could see/find the info.

Let us know how you do with the new sensor, please :)

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
My sensor has just landed :D

I was hoping to get the details of it and compare part numbers, but the info has been ground off. It look legit, though. On the packet it says '234-9076 Assembled in the USA from foreign components', but no 10 digit Denso code.

I'll bung it in and see how it goes.

EDIT: Here are the three... E01 - E02 - DENSO 234-9076

Attachments

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
36531-RSP-E01 Denso code 211200-2520
36531-RSP-E02 Denso code 211200-2670

If someone has a DENSO 234-9076 without the 10 digit code Denso code ground off, please post it up :)

The only thing I can find on the web relating to 211200-2670 is second hand sensors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great info! Thanks BlackTazz82!

My 02 sensor seems to be reading way too rich on my K24 frank after the swap and during MAP tuning, making the car in fact undriveable on low throttle, so if the cleaning procedure does not work, I will try this US version for sure.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts