2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an ongoing issue with my 07 FN2

Car feels like it has lost a bit of power/acceleration - it feels like theres something holding the car back
It takes a bit longer for the car to get going

My main suspicion is the front calipers sticking - as after the driving the car for a while and using the brakes you can hear the brakes catching as I drive and the car usually gets slower the more I use the brakes.

Also when pulling away in 1st gear at low revs I can feel something jerking slightly within the car (as though when I take my foot off the accelerator the brakes are nipping) and I nearly stall.

But the other days I noticed when putting my foot down a bit and going though the vtec and changing from 3rd to 4th gear...the car gave out a very noticeable jerk (the car sat back up if that makes sense...then when I put it into 4th I could feel the car go back down.
Does this sound like a brake issue?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Best way to check the brakes is to go for a drive then put hand near the wheel and feel for heat differences from one side to the other.

I had to replace one of my calipers recently and I can tell you that a sticking caliper does impact performance quite a bit. Mine felt seriously sluggish

With regards to the hesitation it could be heatsoak on the airfilter area. I had problems where when it got hot the car would hesitate and throttle response was rubbish. Ran a cold air feed to the airbox and that sorted it.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Had a sticking front offside on mine so thought I'd upgrade the lot. But yes it does make the car feel very slow.

As stated, after a drive check for excessive heat from the brakes, can also check by finding a slight hill and moving then dropping the car into neutral, if you slow down its defo a brake sticking.

As for the jerking, mine did this and confused me for a few weeks, then found out the mrs had filled it with the ***** petrol from ASDA :-( it could also be due to the cold maybe?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts