2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
looking at lowering my fn2 ,how much would you guys recommend?30mm or 25mm??as iam a little worrid about the front valance scrapping on some uneven roads ect

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shouldnt the 25 be 15mm? anyway sure mine was dropped 15 and mine scrapes on uneven roads and speed bumps haha
no was 25mm,was offered some 30mm abp/eibach ones on the type r forum but i thought this would cause problems with the front valance scrapping ect and so i was looking at 25mm apex ones but if you say even 15mm ones scrape then hell 25mm/30mm is going to take the bloody bumper off lol

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
I've the 15mm springs. I've also got the mudflaps which are the rigid Honda ones and they can sometimes catch on high speed bumps.

I can catch the plastic flaps on the underside of the car coming off a side road onto a main road, just on the camber of the road.

I wouldn't change it for the world though! :p

·
Registered
872 Posts
hi
looking at lowering my fn2 ,how much would you guys recommend?30mm or 25mm??as iam a little worrid about the front valance scrapping on some uneven roads ect
my eibachs lower 20mm front and 15mm rear

been done two years. just had 4 yr service with drive shafts checked and all is ok.

TDI confirmed to me that up to 20mm on the front is fine - >25mm and drive problems will occur

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
my eibachs lower 20mm front and 15mm rear

been done two years. just had 4 yr service with drive shafts checked and all is ok.

TDI confirmed to me that up to 20mm on the front is fine - >25mm and drive problems will occur
How come your Eibachs lower your front by 20mm? I thought they either come in 15mm kits or 30mm kits, unless you chopped your front springs or something?
Thanks for the info TDI provided you, I'm glad I didn't go for 30mm springs!

·
Registered
872 Posts
How come your Eibachs lower your front by 20mm? I thought they either come in 15mm kits or 30mm kits, unless you chopped your front springs or something?
Thanks for the info TDI provided you, I'm glad I didn't go for 30mm springs!
thats ok mate.

i have the eibach pro kit performance springs. they were fitted approx 2 yrs ago by ABP. the figures quoted re lowering are what they told me and what is printed on the invoice. i guess in those days they perhaps made a set which lowered the front more than the back ? to be honest i dont know but thats the answer

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
Hello guys.
Eibach pro-kit is -25mm or not?
part number is E10-40-011-01-22
No, the kit lowers a standard Civic by 25mm, but a FN2 is 10mm lower to start with so the overall drop is 15mm.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I'm down 20mm on KW's, handles great. I do scrape sometimes, mainly going down things like steeply dropping ramps into carparks etc. Most of the time it is just the odd little bits under the front bumper that catch. Have banged the underside a few times though :( Worth it all the same!

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Would love to lower mine but no way would I get away with it where I live

Go for it if you haven't got all that many speed bumps etc in daily commute

1 - 20 of 24 Posts